- Caused some soft stools -

Posted by ChrisMic on Jan 26, 2011

I think the ingredients are interesting; rather different from the usual supplement. It has a strong egg yolk smell and mixes easily in wet food. I have not supplemented my cats long enough to notice any difference in them (they are as healthy, active and playful as before), but I have to comment that this somehow gives them soft stools. I can't even give 2 scoops as recommended. The male one could only take 1 scoop and the female one gets half a scoop; more than that and they'd get LOOSE stools. It's been a week and she hasn't seemed to get adjusted to this. My overweight female cat takes this without objection (the way she pretty much eats anything edible), but my male cat hates this in his wet food. I'm keeping this refrigerated; with only one cat getting only half scoop a day, this bottle will last some time. But I won't get this again next time 'coz my male one won't eat it. I need something that they'll both take, & more importantly something that doesn't add to the smell and the mess in the litter-box.

Pet Store Manager

Posted by alloriginal on Jun 06, 2013

I am a store manager for a large chain of pet stores. I am probably as familiar with dog and cat foods as anyone on the planet, and I know where companies cut corners to save money. Want to keep your cat healthy? Using this product, along with a good essential fatty acid supplement, should keep your feline friend healthy and active for 2 decades or more. Best added to wet food (your cat will not even notice the taste). Hey--I believe that nutritional supplements saved my life. I've used a lot of supplements, and I know what works and what doesn't. My reviews are honest and (hopefully) informative. If my review helped, click yes! If you click my reviewer name--alloriginal--you'll see how I transformed my life with the help of Iherb.

Yes! Cats Count, Too!

Posted by Reviewer2492761 on Mar 23, 2012

The oldest of my cats is 16 years old and is active and extremely vocal....I partially attribute it to the L Arginine in the Cat Mix that keeps her vessels healthy and dilated.What a boon it is! (When I go out to get the mail, she howls like a dog!)

Highly recommend this

Posted by Reviewer1535532 on Nov 29, 2009

Your pets need supplents too! They have no problem eating this when mixed with food. My cats are doing very well with this product. Being in the veterinary field myself, I know that good nutrition is key to a long healthy life and sometimes they're just not getting enough with some of these commercial pet foods. I also recommend the Dog Mix as well.

i love my kitty, so i give her this every day

Posted by Reviewer3231842 on Apr 06, 2009

Besides the quality food I feed her, I also give her quality water, and this wonderful product. I expect her to live very long and she hasn't had any health problems ever. She is full of energy because of this (I think it is because of the Taurine, which cat's can't produce themselves) and there is a noticeable difference if I forget to give it to her. The fact that it needs to be refrigerated is a mild inconvenience, but I love my kitty, so it's worth it!

Cats love it!

Posted by Reviewer1056485 on Nov 02, 2013

I bought this to supplement my cats' food. I mix the recommended 2 scoops with their wet food, along with about a tablespoon of water. Because it's a powder, it tends to dry up the food. Adding the water gives it a little "gravy." They love it! I have been using it about two weeks. Haven't seen any noticeable benefits yet, but am confident I will soon. Will definitely continue using this product. My cats are picky eaters and I'm glad to have found something they will eat.

Happy Kitty

Posted by Reviewer3352333 on Sep 10, 2010

I have a Manx and they are known to have sensitive digestive systems and Bone issues because of the genetic spine defect that causes the breed to be tailess. I thought I would give this a try and see if it helped with the digestion and it really works well. Her coat is shiny and healthy and she has very little trouble with the digestive issues. I also give her a supplement called Cosequin which contains glucosamine, condroitin and manganese. she is no longer senstive around her back end as most manx are. The is made specifically for cats and it is also available in a formula for dogs. Great for older pets with bone issues. I wish iHerb would stock this so I could get all my personal and pet need in one place.

OK

Posted by 5018737560124909840 on Mar 25, 2014

My cats eat 30% of dry food and 70% of homemade wet food, so it is necessary to add vitamins to their diet. My cats had no problem accepting this product, it smells appetizing to them. I didn't notice any noticeable difference in them, but also no bad effects on them. I thought I would buy this product again at first, but then I found that some essential vitamins are missing in this product. I think I need to find another product for them now. [Moreover, remember to refrigerate the product after opening! ]

Great Cat Supplement

Posted by Reviewer3260739 on Aug 11, 2009

My cat loves this just by itself! A great way to to increase the health of your cat.

PURRFECT