Is it 1%?

Posted by azarova on Sep 10, 2013

Retinol 1% is normally way stronger than that. I have my Skinceuticals 1% and its refining properties are miraculous. So, Life Flo. This is a yellow cream with quite strong but quite pleasant scent, though I can see some people not liking it. Cream is on the oilier side and does a good job moisturizing the skin. The jar is quite big so it will last for quite a while. Its refining properties are definitely not enough for me and I didn't notice any "revitalization" difference so next time will try something else. Please click "yes" if this information was helpful. See other product reviews on my personal page.

Hate it!

Posted by 5354324088612118969 on Jun 02, 2014

I just got this cream, have been using it for a week, and really don't like it. Not quite sure what it's supposed to be doing because at first it seemed to do absolutely nothing, actually, made me break out immediately after first use. Since it didn't seem to irritate my skin I continued to use it (which is probably more often than they said to apply it). After something like 4 days my skin started peeling all of a sudden, broke out all over, and it's burning and peeling like I'm sunburnt. I would have used as directed, but it literally felt like it did nothing, and then boom. Bottom like - it doesn't tighten, does not improve the appearance of skin (again, made me break out), literally no improvement from this cream). I would not buy it again. Update after a few months... I started using this much less frequently - about once a week, then every 3-4 days. it works good for major wrinkles like forehead frown marks. If used too often will make skin peel and break out. Caution - retinol does increase cell turnover so it will bring all pimples and such to the surface. You do have to get used to this one, and it is NOT for daily use. Changing the rating to 3 stars, it's still not that amazing, but at least not horrible as I originally thought.

Great retinol cream but packaging not good

Posted by 5419897113616860995 on Jan 29, 2016

This is a great cheap retinol cream and works perfectly but, retinol is broken down in light so the packaging should be in a metal tube or pump bottle instead of a tub. I find mine starts to go off in about a month, you can tell when the yellow colour of the cream changes and becomes less effective. For the price it is amazing but I haven't figured out if buying a tub a month is any more cost effective than the stuff I get from my aesthetician every three or four months. If they changed the packaging it would be the perfect product.

not for sensitive skin

Posted by 5280615812874896036 on Dec 18, 2013

Retinol and Hyaluronic Acid are the only two ingredients actually backed up by science, known to do something for the skin, in an ocean of useless cosmetic products. This is not for sensitive skin types,however, and must be used according to instructions. Also, if there are patches of damaged skin this will peel off the protective layer.

So far so good!

Posted by Reviewer3060686 on Feb 17, 2012

Only been using it for 4-5 days, and no adverse reactions so far. But please, do change the packageing! In a tube, the retinol stays fresh and active- but in a jar like this, well I'll just have to use it up fast! The scent is pleasant by the way. Update: I´m getting a bit fed up with the runny consitency of this ´cream´- it is very runny and would work sooo much better in a tube. Also the orange essential oil is not an ideal ingredient in a facial cream - this I have picked up from Beautypedia. I´m switching to Derma A´s retinol options instead.

Bastante buena

Posted by MonteErebus on Jul 10, 2014

No la puedo usar cada noche porque me salen pielecillas. Utilizo retinol desde hace mucho tiempo, pero esta crema es bastante fuerte y a pesar de tener la piel acostumbrada, me reseca mucho. Solo la puedo usar a noches alternas y siempre sobre una buena hidratante. Por suerte, puedo notar cambios en mi piel y mis arrugas y lineas de expresión se están atenuando bastante.

not sure

Posted by 5241031409592753489 on Jun 19, 2016

not sure but seems like if i forget to use it lines get deeper. but i use it along with other oils such as argan, avocado ...

Jar!!!

Posted by 5002138759563378336 on Aug 30, 2016

This cream is very potent. My face started to peel after two days,and the product was working for about one month and then I had to toss it because it wasn't effective anymore. I guess it is because of the packaging,and it's a such a shame because the product itself is very good. I'm giving it 3 stars only because of the bad packaging.

Affordable Retin-A Cream

Posted by 4913980183090561004 on Sep 11, 2016

My first time applying retinol, there was a stingy feeling and it has fragrance to it too. My skin was sensitive to this. So I started using it once a week, then twice a week and so on, until my skin could handle it every night. Now I like it. Be cautious when you start applying this, especially to sensitive skin.

did not fit me

Posted by 4973137829941932113 on Apr 19, 2016

I did not see any result neither on my face nor on my arms. There was no peeling no any difference in texture or color of my skin. Maybe it did not work just on me, but it did nothing to breakouts. Any time i use it i get itching on my arms.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »