New To iHerb?

Light Mountain, Organic Natural Hair Color & Conditioner, Red, 4 oz (113 g)

Beautiful

Posted by Reviewer2216372 on May 18, 2010

I am one of those poor students who can't afford to spend 20$ or more on my thick, waist length hair, but I've always wanted to use henna, and this is a WONDERFUL, high quality type alternative. It's a good, cheap, low price, but is a wonderfully fine sift, came out of my hair VERY quickly (but I had mixed in some conditioner in the mix as well, so that was another factor), and gave me a wonderful red stain on my medium-to-dark brown hair, after only being on for three hours. I was amazed. :) And I loved the gloves and plastic cap they included. Saved me from yet another purchase!! Now, after a few days of oxidization, my hair is darker, and looks brown but shimmers red in some lights, while in the sun is a blazing, glowing red. Beautiful!! I did NOT follow their directions, but only in one aspect: They say to use boiling water to prepare it, but if you want the new color to last more than a month, do NOT do that. It forces the dye release, and it'll fade in a month if you do that. Instead, use CHAMOMILE TEA, very strongly brewed (three bags to one cup water), and a slash of lemon juice, and let it sit about TWO HOURS for dye release before using. Test by putting a small sploch onto your palm and waiting for sixty seconds. When that stains your palm orange, it's ready for your hair. <3

awesome

Posted by Reviewer1927983 on Nov 28, 2009

use grapefruit juice as opposed to just plain water..to "pull" MORE RED.. so you dont end up with orange or brassy. any "acid" works..lemon juice or grapefruit. but people online say grapefruit is better for a richer deeper red.

Change is Good!

Posted by Reviewer1028359 on Jan 26, 2010

After using henna off and on for 20 years, I was at a loss what to do when "Ardell" dropped its hennalucent products. I searched the internet for a substitute and found Light Mountain red henna. After using it, I'm more than happy to write a product review--this stuff is great! You get more in each box than the other brand ( I only needed one box instead of two) making it very economical to use. It even comes with gloves! The results were fantastic. Great color and conditioning and took less time to achieve the color than I found with the other brand. I did revise the instructions slightly, and wet my hair before application, then shampooed and conditioned at the end.

Okay

Posted by Reviewer1473874 on Dec 07, 2011

I used chamomile tea and lemon juice to make the dye. I let it sit for two hours before putting it on my freshly-washed and towel-dried hair. I have black hair and, at first, it gave my hair very subtle red highlights. After a few days when it oxidized, my hair ended up being a very dark brown with slightly red highlights in bright light. I think that my hair was too wet, because after an hour, the dye started to drip out of the shower cap and down my face. Therefore, I only left it on for about two hours. Also, my hair isn't very long but I had trouble getting it to stay in the provided shower cap. It also isn't very tight around the head so I supplemented it with a plastic bag. I am going to try again with the bright red dye, my hair less wet and leaving it on for longer.

Been using this for years

Posted by Reviewer2087670 on Oct 04, 2008

gives great results every time, leaves hair soft and not damaged in any way, covers grey well. Love it