Amazing Stuff !

Posted by 4999935347878486875 on May 11, 2013

I've had mild but persistent acne for most of my adult life (now 47) and have been through most of the medical treatments, including oral isotretinoin, benzoyl peroxide + adapelene, azelaic acid and topical clindamycin. These have helped keep my skin under control but also dried it out. In addition I've tried many moisturisers to find one that works without irritating my skin, including the usual recommendations such as Cetaphil - none of these were effective for me. After reading a great site on the science of acne (Acne Einstein) I discovered recent evidence for the benefits of antioxidants including EGCG from green tea. I bought some of the Madre EGCG Green Tea skin cream a week ago and am amazed by the results. I know my skin pretty well and I've never seen it react so well and so quickly to a skin care product. My acne bumps immediately reduced - and after a week I've had no new ones. My skin has become smoother and I can see a reduction in sebum production - with smaller fewer blackheads. I love that it doesn't have strong perfume or colours added - it feels very natural - and it really soothes my skin. The pump was a little odd to get working initially but nothing major - and who cares anyway with such great contents ! This skin cream is well worth a try.

Could be great, but...

Posted by AnnaTrepachko on Oct 17, 2014

I used this cream for 3 months, I have combination skin that sometimes dries out and prone to pore clogging. +: 1) the cream is very light and not greasy 2) absorbs fast 3) shrinks pores a bit 4) light fragrance 5) nice bottle Unfortunately, that's all I liked about it. -: 1) sometimes doesn't moisture enough (too light) 2) the main reason I didn't like it and will not purchase again is dimethicone in the ingredients. Even though it seems and feels that the cream is absorbed, it leaves a thin layer on the skin surface. You can feel it when simply rinsing face with water, like there's something slippery on your skin. As a result, it clogs my pores and after some time it feels like my skin is suffocating, it starts itching :-( it would be a PERFECT cream if not for this ingredient (my skin always reacts like this on creams with dimethicone). If you know you're okay with it, give this cream a try.

its not very natural..

Posted by Ujinia on Feb 26, 2015

havent used it yet but read that it contains dimethicone and tetrasodium EDTA that sis made from ethylenediamine, formaldehyde—a known carcinogen according to the National Cancer Institute..

More like a serum than a moisturizer

Posted by 4897294931201216643 on May 27, 2013

This product is very lightweight. I used to have very oily skin when I was younger; my skin is still somewhat oily but not as much as it used to be. I have been using this product more like a serum, in other words, I put it on right after cleansing then apply an additional moisturized on top. You don't need much. Two pumps will completely cover your face and neck. It does make the skin look very smooth and seems to have some good ingredients.

Good. Not great.

Posted by JEJ446 on Nov 20, 2013

Very pleasant cream. It slightly tightens face after using, but it also lifts skin and makes it brighter. It is good for summer, dont think its good for winter - not enough moisture. The list of ingredients is good. However, my personal belief is that price is too much. It's not that good.

really nice

Posted by 5398480701459275071 on Jun 06, 2013

i have oily skin so i use it at night. its a little too much for my skin at the heat of israel's avarge day, but its great for night time for soothing the skin and give it extra moisture boost

Madre Labs EGCG Green Tea Skin Cream

Posted by KiMaLi on Jun 29, 2013

This is a PH balanced skin cream. It is fragrance free for those who are sensitive to fragrances and other aromas. It is suitable for any skin type. It is made with biodegradable ingredients. This product MAY help to diminish skin damage. It helps to minimize oxidative skin damage. It helps maintain hydration and firmness to your skin. It brightens and balances your skin tone.

Not a natural product as advertized, look carefully at the ingredient list!

Posted by Reviewer2189955 on May 01, 2016

Madre Labs wants to market itself as a natural organic company so imagine my surprise when I read the entire list of ingredients and found, among other chemicals, a silicone called dimethicone. While it helps the texture of this cream, it is not biodegradable, takes 400+ years!

Been using for a month. Doesn't moisturize very well.

Posted by 5649910247993348803 on Apr 21, 2014

I was excited to use this product because it seems to have a really good ingredient list. I've been battling severe acne, so reading ingredient lists has become second nature to me. I've been using this product for a month and it hasn't caused any more breakouts, which is great, but it also hasn't really seemed to do much. My skin has seemed to de-plump because it doesn't deliver much moisture, so that my acne scars are deeper and more noticeable. I'll finish off the bottle, but I don't plan on buying it again.

ATTENTION OILY & ACNE-PRONE SKIN!!!!!!

Posted by Noree-1912 on Aug 02, 2014

I bought this first because of the cheap price of 4,68 dollars (Normal price is 29,95 US), so I wasn't expecting too much. But I have to tell you guys, that I'm sooo pleased witht his moisturizer. I have acne-prone & oily skin, and this cream is very light-weight and sinks into the skin pretty fast. I have also noticed, that this cream keeps my skin free of acne, and whenever I use my other moisturizer from "Essence" the acne comes back. So this cream is a HG for me and incredible, especially for OILY SKIN & ACNE PRONE SKIN!!! :) SO try it out.