Good!!!

Posted by Reviewer2349016 on Sep 03, 2011

but expiry date is pretty short after opening.

High Fiber German Bread.

Posted by Boni77 on Apr 12, 2013

This bread is very healthy high fiber German bread. I can't find market ,so happy to buy in iHerb. Strong flavor ..... Rye , Sunflower bread (red. yellow package) is better if you would like to try these kind of bread for 1st time. Love to eat toasted with peanut butter ,creamcheese or ham and cheese and veggie.

breakfast

Posted by Reviewer3269355 on Aug 24, 2011

I eat this for breakfast, with peanut butter and a banana. It. is. so. good. :)

Excellent genuine pumpernickel!

Posted by 5349098852128219669 on Nov 01, 2012

Super, delicious, fresh, high-fiber product, so glad I found it at iHerb. Our local Aldi sells these dark German breads but only seasonally, so now at iHerb I have a year-round source! Yay! I love this bread best toasted, with peanut butter. Yum! To keep it fresh, be sure to store it in a zippie bag in the refrigerator once you open the package. I've also had good luck freezing unopened packages, for longer storage (couple of months). Defrosts perfectly and is still delicious. I will definitely buy again.

Amazing rye bread option

Posted by Reviewer1486372 on Dec 28, 2014

Delicious bread and good price! I keep ordering this almost every time because it is hard to find decent rye bread in Australia.

Healthy bread option

Posted by donnmouj on May 09, 2015

It is really hard to get whole grain bread here in Korea, most supermarkets sell only white bread and I have not seen whole grain bread anywhere on the shelve yet. Iherb saved me from only eating those white bread here. It definitely has a strong flavour but I am getting a hang of it. I bought a few and put them in the fridge and my bet is that they will be okay as long as I don't open the plastic cover until I want to eat one. Once you open it, it needs to be consumed within 5 days, provided that you store them in the fridge. :)

So grainy with a nice flavor to it

Posted by 4926039509927949146 on Aug 13, 2015

I live in South Korea and cannot find decent bread easily. I was excited to learn that Iherb had good quality bread and read the reviews on this. This particular shipment was held up in customs for over a week and I was really annoyed and worried that I would get moldy bread delivered to me. When I received my package, to my pleasant surprise, I saw that the Mestemacher had an expiration date for May of 2016! I was glad that my bread wasn't moldy but then worried that the bread would contain all sorts of preservatives. The label states that there are no preservatives. I am not sure how it manages to stay good for so long, and it tastes nice as well. To keep it fresh, I put it into a vacuum seal bag in the fridge. Tip* You should toast the bread as it sometimes breaks in half when you try and take it out. Use a knife, like you would when using a letter opener to an envelope, to take a slice out. Also, one slice is pretty hardy for one person. The first day, I shared 3 slices of bread ( I bought 3 different kinds) with my husband, and we got so full. It was a bit much. I think the Pumpernickel tastes nicer than the Whole Rye Bread. I also bought the Bavarian Gluten Free, which is also nice and lighter than the other two.

Tasty but

Posted by 5143800280924132470 on Nov 05, 2014

I wish the rye kernels were still whole. Just a very picky request however, I like how most pumpernickel is chewy, this one lacked a little bit of chew.

Pumpernickel

Posted by 5492881743516416496 on May 08, 2012

It is a little to strong for our taste...the bread is still a good choice for sandwiches

nutty and tangy

Posted by Reviewer2236342 on May 31, 2012

a delicious bread that freezes well and is good as toast.

« Previous | 1 2 3 | Next »