Like a vacation in a bottle!

Posted by notsteveaustin on Apr 16, 2008

Dreamy stuff!

Monoi Tiare Tahiti Scented Coconut Oil

Posted by Reviewer2526644 on May 13, 2008

I got hooked on this while visiting Tahiti. It leaves my skin so soft and the scent is subtle, but wonderful. I use it year round. Your price is fantastic! Shipping was much quicker than anticipated.

nicely scented moisturizer

Posted by Reviewer2552628 on Oct 26, 2008

Moisturizes well, smells very nice, very floral. I find that the scent becomes less intense and more pleasant after it's on your skin for a little while, so don't be frightened when you first open the bottle!

Oh my!

Posted by Reviewer1736272 on Feb 24, 2009

This is the most luxurious stuff. Scent is unbelievably wonderful. I warm the bottle in hot water so the oil flows (as opposed to being solid). I will buy more. I feel like it's my birthday every day I use it. Do not hesitate to try it. Yum.

Love This

Posted by Reviewer2853324 on Dec 08, 2009

This stuff if just wonderful. The scent is amazing but not too heavy. There's a flower at the bottom of the bottle so don't panic when you see something brown floating inside. You don't need too much so be careful when pouring. Makes your skin feel soft and makes me feel very relaxed.

A Must-Have Polynesian Classic

Posted by HawaiianViking on Sep 11, 2012

I've been using Mono'i my entire life. It's great as a general, all over moisturizer, as a shower oil, on sunburned skin, and I've known women who use it as a hot-oil hair conditioner (they say that it's the best). When using it on the face, I find that it can be comedogenic when used daily, so I suggest alternating it with a lighter moisturizer. Mono'i is a traditional Polynesian product, which is made by macerating the flowers of the Tiare (Gardenia taitensis) — a small, white, star-like flower and a native Polynesian member of the Gardenia family — in coconut oil that has been obtained by grating, drying, fermenting and pressing the meat of germinated coconuts. Listed among the ingredients is "parfum", which is slightly concerning to me, since I prefer all-natural products and I'd like to know exactly what kind of "parfum" is used. However, I have such a sentimental attachment to this product and it works so well I almost don't want the manufacturer to start tampering with what is deservedly called a classic.

Smells wonderful

Posted by Reviewer3099106 on Feb 23, 2008

I love this stuff! I have other coconut oil that doesn't get solid at room temp. so I know that those oils aren't as pure as this since you have to heat it up to make it liquefy. The smell is wonderful and exotic and it sinks in your skin very nice. It has helped keep my wintery dry skin smoother.

Monoi Oil

Posted by Reviewer2734086 on Feb 26, 2008

This is a product that I have used for most of my life being from the island of Kauai. I now live in Washington state and do not have access to it here. I can only hope that I find it on websites or my son is kind enough to send me some from Kauai! It is a wonderful product that never disappoints me. Thanks again. Janet M Lopez

Tahitian Monoi Oils

Posted by Reviewer2046511 on Oct 11, 2006

Monoi Tiare Tahiti - has and is the best Oil ever made. I am from Hawaii and have been using the TAhitian Monoi oils since 1970's, always been Part of my life actually.

Brigitte

Posted by Reviewer1296058 on Jan 01, 2008

This oil smells great, the mix of coconut and magnolia extract is a perfect blend. It is light but exotic and sexy.