New To iHerb?

Nature's Gate, Herbal Shampoo, Daily Cleansing, 18 fl oz (532 ml)

Strong fragrance added and moderately toxic

Posted by Reviewer2357113 on Jun 01, 2012

I've been on the quest to find a shampoo that contains ingredients derived from nature with few harmful chemicals. I had high hopes for this shampoo. I've been using it for about a month. It lathers up extremely well and this usually doesn't happen with most plant derived shampoos. It makes me wonder what type of synthetic foaming agent had been added to it. It works well in terms of getting my longer hair clean and making it tangle free. However, it leaves a very strong scent behind as though someone sprayed strong perfume into my hair. If I work really hard on rinsing my hair well, the scent is slightly less strong, but still much stronger than after most other shampoos. I have gone online to the EWG's Cosmetic Database to check out their rating for this product and discovered that this shampoo has a fairly toxic rating of 5. Quite frankly, I'm better off using the Dove Moisturizing Shampoo (score of 3) available at most stores that sell shampoo than this product. Nature's Gate needs to be more upfront about what they put into their shampoos. When they list "fragrance" on the bottle, this could be a mixture of a whole bunch of toxic compounds or parabens. Twice, I contacted Nature's Gate customer service in hopes of finding out what their "fragrance" mixture contains, but they would not answer the question and each time referred me to the list of ingredients on their website, which has the same general "fragrance" wording on it. I wanted to like this shampoo as it makes my hair feel soft, but I am not convinced it's good for me. So unfortunately I will keep looking for a shampoo that is less perfumed and less toxic. Next on the list is the Everyday Shea Shampoo which only has about 5 ingredients.

My Favorite!!

Posted by Reviewer2842379 on Jan 15, 2008

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT, HAVE USED IT FOR 15 YEARS. HOWEVER, IHERB, NEEDS SOME LESSONS IN PACKING THE PRODUCT, AS IT ARRIVED WITH SHAMPOO SPILLED ALL OVER BOTTLES.

Love at first wash~

Posted by Reviewer2428774 on Jan 17, 2012

So I've been using this for the past 2 days, and I'm pretty impressed. First day after using it my hair was noticeably more shiny. In fact I couldn't stop checking myself out in the mirror lol! I recently dyed my hair twice in 5 weeks so hair wasn't in the best condition (despite my week long (daily) use of avocado oil (left in hair overnight). Now in combo with Avalon Organics Mango conditioner and coconut oil, my hair is shiny, silky and the colour seems to be more vibrant as well! All in the space of a couple of days too! If that's not magic, I don't know what is =). I'm glad I went organic.

Мне нравится / I like it

Posted by AmberCat on Aug 30, 2012

Чудесный шампунь для ежедневного применения. Бережно очищает волосы, придает им заметный блеск. Пахнет специями - корицей и гвоздикой, травами и немного пудрой. Я не люблю запах гвоздики, поэтому при первом применении мне запах показался не слишком приятным. Но сейчас мне он начинает даже нравиться. Wonderful shampoo for daily use. It cleanses the hair gently and gives a shine. Shampoo have smell of spices - cinnamon and cloves, herbs and powder a bit. I do not like the smell of cloves, so the first time I taste the smell it's seemed not too pleasant for me. But now I even begins like it.

super

Posted by Reviewer1816525 on Jun 18, 2012

It's very good shampoo for every day! Good price!