recommended by my doctor; works for me

Posted by Reviewer2919916 on Oct 12, 2006

I am a type 1 diabetic and my doctor, Richard K. Bernstein, is also a diabetic. He recommended this product to me because illnesses wreak havoc with blood sugars. As soon as I feel a sore throat coming on or other symptoms and my blood sugars are going up, I take two of these tablets three times a day for two days. That schedule has worked every time for me; the symptoms and high blood sugars are usually gone before the sixth dose is taken. The only time it doesn't work is if I'm already full-on sick. Then it's a waste of money to take the tablets. I LOVE these things because I don't love high blood sugar! They're just one more thing that helped me reverse the nonproliferative retinopathy I developed three years ago, before Dr. Bernstein was my doctor.

Sambucol is wonderful

Posted by Reviewer1768388 on Dec 08, 2007

I have been taking this product since I had a very bad bout of flu 7 years ago - and have not had one since! I can see it's popularity is taking off, as for the first time ever when I tried to order, I could not get as much as I wanted, and many sites were completely sold out. I am a great fan of this wonderful product and take one tablet a day all year long (not just in flu season) and when I travel, one before boarding the plane, and one every 2 or 3 hours in transit. I strongly reccommend this product as I am so pleased with the results.

Sambucol Lozenges

Posted by Reviewer2260673 on Apr 14, 2008

Have been using this product for several years by opening a bottle at the first sign of a cold and taking 2 lozenges three time a day until the bottle is empty (about 5 days). Symptoms are milder and usually gone before the bottle is empty. Normally get 1 to 3 colds a year in the Pacific NW.

different but still effective

Posted by Reviewer2516841 on Apr 01, 2008

I'm glad Sambucol a sugar-free option again. Though it's re-formulated and easy to transport if you need to take it with you somewhere, I kind of miss the syrup they had... maybe I'm just a creature of habit but will need some time to get used to the lozenges. Nevertheless, the formula does work and I wouldn't be caught without it! I found iHerb to have the best deal.

the best

Posted by Reviewer1404799 on Apr 30, 2008

stops coughs, scratchy throats in their track1

SAMBUCOL LOZENGES

Posted by Reviewer1026369 on Nov 07, 2008

I WOULD NOT BE WITHOUT THESE, PARTICULARLY WHEN TRAVELING. HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR A NUMBER OF YEARS AND THE TASTE IS VERY PLEASING.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer2352646 on Aug 03, 2009

I have been using Nature's Way Sambucus Black Elderberry Original Lozenges in the last stages of a bad flu this summer (after having used the syrup 5x/day for 2 weeks during the worst of the symptoms). The lozenges work great to prevent a relapse and are more easy to carry than the bottles of syrup. Will take them on a daily basis as a preventative this fall and winter to minimize my flu risk.

not good vaue

Posted by Reviewer1863032 on Aug 12, 2012

A very expensive way to get elderberry into you! Liquid is better.

Love the Sambucus lozenges

Posted by Reviewer2605074 on Apr 20, 2012

This is a supplement that is a pleasure to take. Tastes great and my son makes sure he gets his every morning! We have been using them every day this past winter and so far have avoided any bugs (after a particularly bad previous winter). We will continue to use them throughout the year. I also much prefer the lozenges to the syrup, which is way too sweet for my taste.

Good stuff.

Posted by Reviewer2919089 on May 28, 2009

Tasty, effective, and I'm simply impressed. If I had something coming, it stopped it dead in its tracks. A common remedy for stopping viruses dead in their tracks so I hear, is lemonade with garlic, ginger and honey. I wonder if someone has produced a microwaveable version that's not super processed, sweetened with stevia. Just an idea there. Free from me to you.