Navitas Naturals, Raw Chocolate Cacao Nibs, , 16 oz (454 g)

sour!!!

Posted by Reviewer2229629 on Jan 19, 2012

i'm disappointed that the beans are so sour. i was looking for something more bitter.

Holy bitter chocolate batman!

Posted by 4946635757623497603 on Nov 17, 2013

When I made my purchase of the products, I was looking for something exotic to throw into my basket here, and boy did I find a winner. I had initially thought cacao, the origin of chocolate, and I knew from what I read that untreated chocolate is quite bitter, but it had not prepared me for the loving combination of flavors that I can lovingly through experience akin to the perfect blending of pine tree bark mixed with bakers chocolate. The bitterness from just a few nibs, which mind you are about the size of mini chocolate chips. were enough to deter anyone else in my household to assist me on the consumption of these things. And despite the energy and benefits the food provides, I find myself afraid to finish more than a few pinches a day. It is certainly something worth a health nut's diet, but chocolate lovers beware, this is not your normal meal. I will however likely purchase it again, due to the time that when I see it next and am out of what I currently have, I will likely have forgotten the flavor. Cest le vive.

Consistency

Posted by 5652245761243886250 on Apr 17, 2013

The bad thing about Nativa's products is their consistency. Sometimes fresh, sometimes very bad. I can not stand this any more. Switching to Frontier's nibs.

Good snack and additive to your desserts!

Posted by Reviewer29875314 on Jun 25, 2012

I liked all Navitas products, that I tried in general. These nibs are not an exception for being just perfect. You need just a little of them to make your dessert fun, so this pack will last you for long long time! I have my favorite dessert with this product: 1-2 bananas, shreded dried coconuts, raisins and coconut nibs..... mmmmm perfect and very fast breakfast .

I'm pleasantly surprised

Posted by BelieveJesus4EternalLife on Jan 08, 2008

This brand far surpasses the Sunfoods brand, which is much more expensive. I really love these cacao nibs blended into various recipes. You have to do cacao nibs right in order to enjoy them, actually because by themselves, oh please, yeah right. I read somewhere that the benefits of cacao are multiplied or unleashed, if you will, when you heat it. Makes sense because that's how these bitter beans become "da bomb." One way is to heat up oat bran and add them, after being grinded in a coffee grinder, in with a sweetener (very, very important). I use NuNaturals pure stevia extract. Then you can add whatever else you like, e.g., protein powder or blueberries.