A bit bitter but, good baked.

Posted by 5531548023302052960 on Mar 21, 2014

For eating row is a bit bitter, but if you use it in cakes or any kind of baking, tastes like crunchy chocolate chips!

Great!

Posted by 5425164318398731376 on Nov 06, 2013

Not so good eating alone, but perfect for pancakes, smoothies, muesli etc.

not what you are thinking

Posted by 101010011 on Aug 20, 2012

if you are looking for a cacao fix, and you are used to chocolates like Valrhona, Scharffen Berger, and Michael Cluizel, then this raw, navitas naturals will definitely not be up your alley. this is a minimally processed, nutrient dense style chocolate more suited to the health genre types. these little nibs are going to be bitter if you eat them straight outta the bag. put them into baked goods or healthy style desserts if you want some added antioxidants and magnesium. a nice raw honey or agave will help balance out the sharpness. i find the nibs not as versatile as the powder version, especially if you are using this for drinks.

perfect with red wine, a nice ingredient for raw chocolate

Posted by sav430 on Jun 26, 2012

Do not buy a package this big alone. The contents spoil in about a month after opening. They're really good, but you won't feel like eating a lot at once.

I use them daily in my smoothies!

Posted by Reviewer3276282 on May 01, 2015

I have been using this product for a long time but it is now a much lower price from Amazon.

Interesting Product

Posted by MikeMember on Mar 07, 2010

Surprisingly unique flavor. Tastes best with something sweet like raisens.

Quality issue

Posted by Reviewer1673526 on Sep 12, 2008

I ordered two of these items and the consistency from one to the other was different. There are pieces of the husk/shell of the cacao been also. I like the product; I just wish it was a little higher quality.

Good quality but it tastes like red wine, bitter.

Posted by ireneh on Aug 11, 2011

I loved the raw chocolate powder so much so I decided to give the nibs a try. Sadly they were not entirely to my liking as they taste like red wine. I hope they are better if grounded up and used in a recipe.. haven't tried this yet. Nutrition content is wonderful though, so if u like red wine. Go for it!:)

sour!!!

Posted by Reviewer2229629 on Jan 19, 2012

i'm disappointed that the beans are so sour. i was looking for something more bitter.

Holy bitter chocolate batman!

Posted by 4946635757623497603 on Nov 17, 2013

When I made my purchase of the products, I was looking for something exotic to throw into my basket here, and boy did I find a winner. I had initially thought cacao, the origin of chocolate, and I knew from what I read that untreated chocolate is quite bitter, but it had not prepared me for the loving combination of flavors that I can lovingly through experience akin to the perfect blending of pine tree bark mixed with bakers chocolate. The bitterness from just a few nibs, which mind you are about the size of mini chocolate chips. were enough to deter anyone else in my household to assist me on the consumption of these things. And despite the energy and benefits the food provides, I find myself afraid to finish more than a few pinches a day. It is certainly something worth a health nut's diet, but chocolate lovers beware, this is not your normal meal. I will however likely purchase it again, due to the time that when I see it next and am out of what I currently have, I will likely have forgotten the flavor. Cest le vive.