New Chapter: What were you thinking? Strontium with Calcium!

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Dec 06, 2013

We have several people in our home with extreme osteoporosis, including our 97 year old granny! We have tried to research the best possible calcium supplement. 1. All agree to never take Calcium and Strontium at the same time - wait 2 hours. 2. Take 2 x the amount of magnesium, but never the cheap oxide form. 3. The other minerals (phosphorus, magnesium, etc) are just as important as Calcium to build bones. So why does this company include STRONTIUM AND CALCIUM IN THE SAME PILL? What were they thinking? Millie from Canuckland

Not the same as before.

Posted by lotuspocus on Oct 08, 2011

Buyers, do take note of the ingredient/formula change in Bone Strength, it is not the same as the previously effective version with 2400mg of algae cal.

Allergy to Doctor's treatment (female age 71-77 years)

Posted by Reviewer2348523 on Jun 22, 2011

Due to damage to my liver from "hyrogen peroxide" intravenous, the doctor has tried almost everything for recovery but to no avail over the six years. The naturopath also tried all types of herbs etc only to find the Liver Function Testing also showed no improvement. Then I was recommended the "Bone Strength Take Care" with Vitamin K etc.... Within six weeks an improvement was seen in the blood tests. Naturopath explained to me, the cells in the liver and bone are similar and response is good with the Vitamin K....Osteoporous also responds well. I am continuing with the item until my liver has recovered. Thanks for the Tablets.

Plant Sourced better but

Posted by Reviewer3312366 on Jul 16, 2012

I bought this supplement because it's a plant sourced calcium etc. but I found out that Strontium should not be taken together with calcium since they boty compete for building bone and therefore absortion would be compromised. Calcium and Strontium shoulf be take within 3 hours apart. I give 2 stars because of the plant source, whole food concept and the other minerals. New Chapter should reformulate and separated Strontium.

best calcium on the market

Posted by Reviewer1239245 on Nov 08, 2011

I need to take calcium for osteopenia and this by far is the best quality calcium product i've found. It is plant based - which is awesome - so your body actually absorbs it and you dont end up with calcium deposits/kidney stones. Three tablets = about 75% of your daily intake, but you can only absorb 50% of your daily intake (500 mg) at a time, so i only take two tablets at a time twice a day to get my 100% (1000 mgs). I've been ordering these for over a year and they're awesome.

Not good for yeast intolerance sufferers...

Posted by Reviewer1722478 on Nov 06, 2008

I have been taking the products for a month and my tummy was very upset. I thought it was due to other causes but the very same day I stop taking New Chapter supplements my problems disappeared. I suspected my problems could have something to do with a yeast intolerance and it seems that was it, since the bloating disappeared. Monica - London

Bone graph Surgery

Posted by Reviewer2811699 on Feb 06, 2010

I started taking this product prior to a hip revision with bone graphs in 3 locations, and continued taking this product until 3 months post operative time, my Dr. is telling me the bone graph has bridged and has become solid ONE month earlier than he had anticipated it would take for healing. I am sold on this item.

Great Calcium Supplement!

Posted by Reviewer3360427 on Nov 15, 2009

I just got a bone density test and came out in the very good bones category yet I don't eat/drink dairy. This must be doing something good

New Chapter Bone

Posted by Reviewer1246993 on Nov 18, 2009

makes my fingernails hard....must be working

Osteoporosis suffer

Posted by Reviewer2011628 on Aug 29, 2009

My wife has been diagnosed w/ osteo previously and has been suffering from some upper back pain. Since starting on this Bone strength product her pain has subsided even though she continues to work her large flower garden daily. She will continue taking this to relieve her symptoms.