Great product

Posted by TheSoulfulSpoon on Aug 18, 2012

This product is a must have for me. I have battled with depression and overeating all my life and this product WORKS> it does not simply make you not hungry, but gives you a more positive outlook and really takes the "blues" feelings away that can lead to a crummy eating lifestyle and depression proned activities like overeating. I take 2 in the morning before breakfast and 2 before dinner. I also sleep better too.

Helps Ease Anxiety and OCD Thoughts and Rituals

Posted by rabbit on Aug 30, 2012

I have taken this brand of 5-HTP for years and it has greatly improved my quality of life. It cured my insomnia and I am now able to sleep through the night. It has helped immensely in lessening my depression. It also helps ease anxiety as well as OCD (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder) thoughts and rituals. In some ways, it works immediately - The first time that I took the 5-HTP, in about 30 minutes, I felt euphoric - happy, relaxed, and sleepy. I slept through the night, and still do. It was a relief to know that it worked that fast. It takes maybe three to four weeks to notice more permanent changes in mood, like an all-day improvement in depression, instead of the immediate effect that it has after you take it because it is leveling out the seratonin/melatonin levels in the brain. In regard to my OCD, I notice that I have fewer intrusive thoughts and feel less of a need to constantly check things to ensure that they feel right. 5-HTP has been compared to traditional anti-depressants, with relatively no side effects. For a week or two you may have intense and vivid dreams. I also had increased headaches for the first week or two, but after that it significantly reduced my migraines. I take only one capsule (100 mg) a day at night before bed. (The recommended time to take it is about a half hour to an hour before bedtime.) I fully recommend this product because it really has done wonders for me.

Sandy Wilhelm

Posted by Reviewer1656423 on Jul 25, 2008

I used 5-HTP while on a cleanse to get rid of carb cravings. I was afraid of withdrawal since i reduced carbs a lot a few times, and went into the "black hole" with depression. I remember someone warning me about that, and had some carbs and pulled out of it, but it's not a place i'd ever want to go. So I thought i'd try this with my cleanse, and I had no problems with carb cravings at all. I was amazed. I know my brother-in-law uses it for depression of some sort, and his family says he is a different person. His whole attitude is better, and they can get along with him. He is willing to take this, but he would take his medication like he was supposed to so this was a real blessing for him.

I feel MORE depressed taking this!

Posted by Reviewer1623543 on May 14, 2008

I started taking the full capsule when I received my shipment. I took it at bedtime and it kept me up all night with rapid heartbeat! I tried to open the capsule and take just a little bit each night and sometimes during the day for about a week. I noticed i felt REALLY depressed and irritable. I do not recommend this product.

Helps with sleep and dreaming!

Posted by Reviewer2253579 on Mar 07, 2008

This helps with deep sleep (I don't seem to thrash at all now), dreaming, and it also seems to help elevate mood.