Good, no complaints.

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on Apr 29, 2010

This seems to be good stuff and is both cheaper and more effective than the over the counter brand I was using. However I personally found L-Tryptophan taken with Vitamin B6 P5P(Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) and a small serving of complex carbs to be the most effective for my particular situation (Bipolar II, rapid cycling.) However I always keep this on hand for when I need to be more alert as the L-Tryptophan can be a little sedating at times.

migraines

Posted by Reviewer3161256 on Jan 30, 2008

couldn't make it without 5htp! keeps my migraines to a minimum.

Great price on this indispensable seratonin precursor!

Posted by Reviewer2516000 on May 01, 2008

Good for my fibromyalgia pain, very affordable, not habit-forming.

Didn't work for me

Posted by Reviewer2207155 on Feb 22, 2010

After reading many reviews, I thought this would be great to treat my Seasonal Affective Disorder depression and anxiety. I followed the directions and only took 1 pill before bedtime. I still woke in the middle of the night and then feel drowsy throughout the whole day. Make sure you read about side effects and possible dangers before taking.

5 HTP finally got me off Zoloft

Posted by Reviewer2088538 on May 07, 2010

I took Zoloft/Sertraline for more than 15 years (since it was first introduced for depression), and though I'd try before to get off it, I couldn't kick what experts now know is a VERY addictive drug. With the help of excellent advice on gradual step-down from Zoloft (halving the dose of 100mg per day over 3.5 months), I became Zoloft-free ~4 weeks ago and have been taking 5 HTP at 100mg per day instead. The improvement in mood has been gradual but I am starting to feel better, less melancholy, more energetic, and less agitated. As I have a long and difficult history of moderate to severe clinical depression, I will increase the daily dose of 5 HTP to 200mg per day to see if that helps. I've read volumes on the topic of using supplements to treat depression and have also added a daily dose of lecithin (NOW granules in my smoothie), Vitamin D (gelcaps), inositol, and B-Complex. Though this may sound like a lot, all these supplements help to improve brain chemistry as it relates to depression. I hope this helps someone else struggling with this life-limiting disorder. Be well!

Great product

Posted by Reviewer2214959 on Jan 21, 2009

5HTP is a great supplement for those people that suffer from food cravings like me, specifically sugar and carbs cravings. The Now Foods 5-HTP is great because it comes in Vcaps, and it comes at a great price. I'm very satisfied with the product and the service from iHerb.

Helps with serotonin

Posted by Reviewer2321253 on Jul 23, 2009

Dr. told me to take 200-300 mg of 5-Htp to improve serotonin for depression and migraines. It helps about 70%. Take before bed since it can make you sleepy. I take 400 mg SAM-e to help more.

Say goodbye to mild depression

Posted by Reviewer2398746 on Jul 14, 2006

NOW 5HTP is consistent and gets the job done

I've been using it for years

Posted by Reviewer1012974 on Oct 19, 2010

This is my tried and true mood booster and sleep aid for fibromyalgia. It can't take away the pain, but it can help you cope, and it helps make sleep a little easier.

5-HTP for Sleep

Posted by Reviewer1586404 on Jun 13, 2008

I take this every night and get more restful sleep. I haven't seen any indication it curbs my appetite as some say, but I'll take it for the sleep.