Brought my moody teenager back!

Posted by 5386981317895263463 on Dec 13, 2016

My 14 year old daughter has been having issues with feelings of sadness, and lack of joy since she started her period. The feelings began to not only be once a month, but started to last longer stretches of time. I spent quite a bit of time researching supplements for her (I also work in functional medicine so I have a doctor to ask advice) as I DO NOT want a mental health diagnosis on her record, and I don't want her to struggle either. I think she just needed a bit of support with all the changes going on in her body, and she's a teenager, and doesn't eat as well as I would like! I found this combo to work REALLY fantastically: TMG, 5-HTP (Now Foods), & L-Tyrosine (Now Foods) and she is smiling, she is not locked in her room all the time, she is out and engaged in the family and I feel like I've gotten my baby back! She really did need some support. I do also have her on a whole food vitamin from Standard Process, a good probiotic from Xymogen, and she takes Maca (now foods) to help with her cycles.

So far so good.

Posted by Reviewer3155280 on Sep 16, 2011

I actually feel good on it. Been on st johns and that didn't do much for me. I like it!!! Puts me in a better mood. But, doesn't help w sleep for me though. Price is good too.

Feels good

Posted by Reviewer3287921 on Jun 30, 2011

My mood is better and more stable. Cannot figure out any other reason than starting with 5-HTP. Only kind of down side is that dreams have become wicked..

Works well

Posted by Reviewer1190932 on Jun 10, 2009

My wife has daily wicked headaches. This seems to be the only natural pill that works.

Now Foods 5-htp

Posted by Reviewer1200435 on Mar 14, 2011

This did more for my appetite than my depression, and I advise not to mix this with st john's wort specially the full dose because it can cause slow borderline serotonin syndrome over time approximately 2 weeks or more. Side effects: upset stomach, Help my appetite '*****' Helped my depression '***' Helped my sleep '**' Helped my energy level '*****' Good Luck

Good, no complaints.

Posted by Reviewer1990660 on Apr 29, 2010

This seems to be good stuff and is both cheaper and more effective than the over the counter brand I was using. However I personally found L-Tryptophan taken with Vitamin B6 P5P(Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate) and a small serving of complex carbs to be the most effective for my particular situation (Bipolar II, rapid cycling.) However I always keep this on hand for when I need to be more alert as the L-Tryptophan can be a little sedating at times.

Great price on this indispensable seratonin precursor!

Posted by Reviewer2516000 on May 01, 2008

Good for my fibromyalgia pain, very affordable, not habit-forming.

S Kirton

Posted by Reviewer1312740 on May 21, 2008

This stuff really does the trick, if you`ve had a heavy w/e or are feeling down, take it for a while & you`ll be grinning/feeling good inside for no reason @ all while enjoying the daily grind of work - two definite thumbs up from me! :-)...........

migraines

Posted by Reviewer3161256 on Jan 30, 2008

couldn't make it without 5htp! keeps my migraines to a minimum.

5-HTP and postpartum depression.

Posted by Reviewer1454918 on Jul 31, 2012

I was diagnosed with depression before I got pregnant and had to get off of my medication while I was pregnant. I am breastfeeding and did not want to get back on antidepressants or Xanax so I found 5-HTP and I have not had postpartum depression or blues. I will never use antidepressants or Xanax again. 5-HTP worked for me and does not make me groggy or tiered even through my Kate night feedings. My OBGYN said that it was perfectly safe to take while breastfeeding aswell.