Cal Powder

Posted by Reviewer2253141 on May 19, 2010

This stuff gets me my calcium easily. I swirl it in a tiny bit of water, it dissolves and I drink it. Easy. Does not taste like anything. Looks like milk when all dissolved. I wish this calcium came in 500 mg pure capsule pills, but they don't. However, this is better because I can more easily monitor the calcium dosage per day because it is a powder. It is hard to transport though, and I put it in a mini-Nalgene liquid container that I got from the Container Store.

Great product!

Posted by Reviewer3158093 on May 25, 2010

I ordered this after UpCal D reformulated their calcium to have so much filler. NOW Foods makes a product that is pure calcium with no fillers. This makes for easy blending and the powder is barely noticeable. When I mix it with yogurt, I can't even tell there is anything extra in it. I also mix it in drinks with no problem.

TCC - Tri-Calcium Citrate Powder

Posted by Reviewer1434258 on Aug 27, 2011

Recently I discovered that adding calcium to coffee can improve taste by reducing acidity. In the 1800's they used egg shells for this purpose. Many foods and beverages are acidic and will dissolve tooth enamel. I did some research on the best way to reduce acidity and possibly improve taste and settled on TCC. TCC is a flavorless form of calcium that is bioavailable (see CITRICAL vitamins) and will titrate acids to protect teeth. I have been using the TCC as an additive for acid foods and beverages and also a calcium supplement as well. TCC fills the bill. IHerb service is a plus. I have bought from iHerb for about a year and there have been no glitches.

Cheap!

Posted by sav430 on Jun 26, 2012

Just calcium citrate without the extra crap that is added in pills. Taking this is also a lot cheaper than buying pills. 5 stars easy!

The real stuff

Posted by Reviewer2723286 on Sep 02, 2012

I had earlier purchased Nature's Way product, titled Calcium Citrate and in small print, Carbonate & Malate. However, the proportions of each are nowhere mentioned. Since my research indicated that the citrate molecule is by far the most active in creating bone strength, I then bought Now Foods Calcium Citrate. It is a powder and forms a milky mix easily. I weigh the powder and use 3 to 3.3 grams daily (3gm of the powder contains 630 mg of calcium). I am pleased to obtain what I wanted. I also take Magnesium Citrate tablets (400 mg of magnesium/day), needed to make the calcium build bones.

Good Product

Posted by Reviewer2368048 on Jan 17, 2014

Haven't noticed any change, but it does mix well and doesn't have any bad taste

Easier tho swallow than tablet

Posted by 5676779061865305759 on Feb 20, 2015

I bought this item for my mom, because last time i bought her a big tablet one, she comments that it is very difficult to swallow, I think i would be better for elder who has to take many kind of pill each day.

Good product

Posted by Reviewer1265016 on Aug 02, 2013

These are economical and good quality

easy to use - you decide how many mg to use

Posted by jeplace on Jul 15, 2010

It is easy to use, just measure to how many mg you need. It needs something for flavor though.

Calcium Citrate Powder

Posted by Reviewer2356373 on Jul 23, 2008

This has helped me to be able to take in the 1500mg I am supposed to be having each day. The chewables were hardly bareable..Thanks!