New To iHerb?

Now Foods, D-Mannose Powder, 3 oz (85 g)

Reviews 4-star

Works As a Preventative

Posted by Reviewer1389905 on Apr 27, 2010

This seems to work for me to help prevent my UTIs which are always set off from sex. I make sure that I do a dose before or immediately after and I have been UTI free for two months now which is great. Cypro doesn't even work for me anymore even though the culture says that it should. I did use this product for two weeks while I knew that I had an infecion and while it did ease my sysmptoms, the UTI came back full on as soon as I stopped taking the powder. In summary, works to prevent UTIs but not while an infection has already set in. Also for chronic UTI sufferers out there. I LOVE acidic foods (wine, coffee, tea, chocolate, spicy foods, thai) but they are also very irritating to the urinary tract. When irritated, the tissue is more inflammed and prone to bacterial infections. I now take two Prelief capelets with whatever may be acidic. My life has CHANGED. I was getting UTI's 1-2x a month and was miserable. Prelief has been key in keeping my urinary tract from becoming irrated so I am less prone to UTIs.

D-Mannose

Posted by Reviewer1637053 on Aug 11, 2010

My 95 year old mother uses this product regularly to keep urinary tract infections at bay. It works. Without it, she had several infections.

works well

Posted by Reviewer2365249 on May 21, 2008

Keeps e coli infections at bay. But important to remember that it doesn't work against all other bacteria, such as P. Stuarti,a common hospital acquired infection, often the result of an indwelling urine catheter.

D- Mannose

Posted by Reviewer3054197 on Feb 22, 2011

I am happy with the product but would have liked more information on dosage in regard to Urinary tract infections

Very effective and works fast

Posted by Reviewer2526089 on Jul 24, 2013

This really helps me, I find that the powder works better than the capsules. However, you need to take double (or more) of the recommended dosage during acute UTI episodes. Also, it's best to wait at least an hour after taking it to pee, so it stays in your urine and has a chance to work.