Now Foods, Real Food, Agar Powder, 2 oz (57 g)

super

Posted by Reviewer1202829 on Feb 28, 2011

Im making agar pudding with berrys and lemon ( + stevia) and it tastes great. it makes me really full - and hopefully slimmer in the long run since it's low calories and very filling) I use one table spoon of powder pr 1/2 liter water - wich is less than what the package describes.It makes the pudding perfect!

Nice!

Posted by Reviewer1676712 on Apr 19, 2011

i love this product! I made "chocolate" jelly and I used fat-free milk,stevia,cocoa,vanilla-extract and this agar powder and it was so good! My 3-year-old daughter also loved it! Great product!

Great for thickening! ♥♥♥ Click on my username for more reviews!

Posted by gettingwell on Jul 10, 2013

This seems like a small amount but it isn't because it goes a long, long way. I found that I only needed about 1/3 of what the recipe called for which was about 1/4 tsp. This is the same as agar agar and is a great replacement for a thickener to be used in jello's or Panna Cotta.

Perfect alternative

Posted by Reviewer1654704 on Feb 14, 2011

I have only used it once, so I have not been able to test it properly. I used it for making strawberry jam and the kids where very satisfied.

Great, but doesn't work with certain fruits

Posted by MentaPiperita on May 27, 2014

I like this product very much. I use less than the recommended amount and I get very good results (3 level teaspoons for one litre of liquid gives a firm texture). However, it doesn't work with certain fruits. The first time I used it I tried to make pineapple jelly but it didn't set at all. I searched for information and read that the enzymes of certain fruits (like pineapple and kiwi) react with agar agar and prevent it from setting. Apart from that, it's an excellent substitute for gelatin, I can finally make vegetarian pudding and desserts! I will definitely buy again.