Best Hot Cocoa Mix

Posted by Reviewer3305941 on Dec 15, 2008

I have tried MANY hot cocoa mixes over the years searching for the perfect cup of hot chocolate. I've tried expensive and exclusive mixes and not so expensive ones. I had given up completely when I noticed in the NOW catalog that they had a hot cocoa mix. I decided to try one last time and I'm so glad I did. This is what I have been searching for all these years!! It is absolutely PERFECT. It tastes so good. I make it with 3/4 c. organic evaporated milk and 3/4 c. water and 3 tbsp. NOW hot cocoa mix. I feel so good after I drink it, because it is nutritious - not just sweet. Thanks iHerb for the NOW catalog.

Good-for-you Hot Cocoa!

Posted by Reviewer1829945 on Aug 17, 2008

This is my favorite hot cocoa. Depending on my mood, I might at a little milk or cream. I love creating new flavors by adding a little flavored stevia (English toffee; or Chocolate Raspberry, etc). If in a Chocoholic mood, I add a small extra scoop of straight organic cocoa powder from Now. Oh, and we can't forget Mocha! I love adding a scoop of organic instant coffee to the hot cocoa. In the summer, I turn all this into an Iced Coffee, by making it all up in a mug; cooling a tad with an ice cube or two; then pouring it over a tall glass of ice cubes, adding milk to taste. Yummo!

Excellent way to curb sweet cravings....

Posted by Reviewer2314773 on Feb 12, 2009

This is an excellent product! It taste great, doesn't have all the artificial fillers and sweetners like other Instant Cocoa mixes, and is inexpensive. I use it to curb my sweet cravings and it works like a charm. Instead of eating brownies or cake or ice cream, I just get a cup of cocoa....works like a charm!! Iherb is the best!!! It's so nice to be able to find so many great products in one place. Thank you

Deeelicious!

Posted by Reviewer2627454 on Oct 22, 2011

Finally a natural hot chocolate drink with healthy ingredients! It's so hard to find one these days that tastes good. This tastes heavenly, and I'm picky about taste. The sweetness is absolutely perfect and it's super chocolatey! The only thing with this product is that it doesn't mix completely especially if you don't drink it while it's hot, some of the mix will be waiting for you at the end of your cup, in clumps, but it doesn't bother me. I've also tried it cold as suggested, and also iced, they were SO good, just like a nice cold glass of chocolate milk! I'll keep buying this, Now Brand is one of my favourites!

Not so good

Posted by LotusJ57 on May 27, 2008

I usually like NOW products but I was disappointed in the taste and texture of this organic hot cocoa.

Cocoa

Posted by Reviewer2124884 on Feb 13, 2009

The cocoa is the best for dissolving in liquid that I have ever used.

Simply Delicious!

Posted by Reviewer1238034 on Mar 06, 2009

Not only is this cocoa a great price (especially if you order in quantity) but it is the best I have tried in the organic category. I love it! I add a small amount of 1/2 and 1/2 to make it even more creamy but it isn't really necessary...I whole heartedly recommend it!

I drink it every morning

Posted by Does-it-do on May 30, 2013

I take this drink 2-3 times per day. Smells and feels delicious. The best taste you can get making it with hot water and a little warm milk . Making it ONLY with WATER will make drink taste INCOMPLETE and all the taste of choco will disappear.

Chocolatey and delicious!

Posted by Reviewer2397362 on Feb 01, 2015

I have purchased this product several times and the quality is always consistent, and it's always fresh. My whole family loves it, even my teenagers. Sometimes I pamper this busy mom by making a hot mocha latte with it. Yum! I surprise my teenagers after school sometimes by making them chocolate ice blendeds (like our local Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf). I love that the ingredients are organic or natural, and simple. Don't worry about the Xanthum gum in it. It's probably used as a thickener. I use a little xanthum gum sometimes when I bake gluten free goodies from scratch. It doesn't take much. All I taste in this product is good, old-fashioned sweet chocolate. And it's not too sweet. But taste is really individual. This product is good, fresh, and satisfying. And for organic the price is good too. All you can do is try it! Hope my review was helpful!

the best I have ever tried

Posted by Reviewer2954358 on Jun 23, 2011

my favorite now, love the ingredients - cannot get better. Sugar doesn't dissolve completely (not powedered) but it is ok, I got used to it. I will never buy hot cocoa at the grocery store again.