Gifts Best Sellers Specials New Products Product Trials Conditions A-Z

Now Foods, L-Cysteine, 500 mg, 100 Tablets

Something that finally seems to be working against hair loss

Posted by 4630873230070687781 on May 20, 2013

I'm a female in my very early 30's and an inexplicable case of hair loss that no doctor or blood test seems to be able to detect 'medically'. Purchased NOW L-Cysteine after my dermatologist recommended it to me as a non medical solution. Seems to be working after 5 months of religious use - new hairs are sprouting all over my head.

NOW's L-Cysteine: No info on its source. Is it from human hair?

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Dec 06, 2013

I bought this as an alternative to NAC for liver detox and support, because it is good to pause or alternate ALL supplements. Now I discovered on Dr. Mercola & Wikipedia that 80% of it is made from hair swept up in chinese barbers. Then from duck feathers and hog hair. It can also be made from fermentation, but is 3X as expensive. Some sites also say it is a brain excitent which eventually burns out the brain if taken in high doses. On NOW's site, they offer no info on their source, but offer the absolute cheapest L-Cysteine. Anyone know of a non- hair source? I give it 3 stars until I know more. Also of concern is the general lack of details re ingredients on their labels. For instance: There are over 4 kinds of vitamin K-4. Menaquinone 4, 7,8 and 11. Only the Menaquinone 7 is of true value for humans. The others are inexpensive or synthetic forms of no true value. Now Foods has a large number of vitamin supplements that avoid telling us exactly what we are getting. And I am getting more suspicious of this company for this evasive strategy. Millie from Canuckland

Hangover cure, huge tablet

Posted by Reviewer3337984 on Mar 02, 2011

Been taking this with grape juice and thiamine(B1) the nights I go drinking and the combo is working. Last time I drank over 10 servings(I drink this much maybe 5 times a year so I don't have real tolerance) combo and went straight back to school after 7 hours of sleep as usual. The capsule is about the size of largest soft gel -capsules I've seen.

Not vegetarian

Posted by 5441691892673307650 on Dec 28, 2013

I have to say I'm rather upset. The description of this product is misleading (including terms like (vegetable source) and vegetable coating,nowhere it is written that this is not suitable for vegetarians. I spent a good amount of time doing some research on the internet to find out where Now Foods L-Cysteine is derived from, after reading another review here of somebody wondering the same thing. Finally I found it on Now Food's homepage ( not under product description) but in a different section. L-Cysteine derived from Whey or Chicken Feathers. I feel defrauded, because in the way they put this product description it is not obvious at all that this is an animal based product - which by the way is fine - but being so vague and inexplicit gives me the impression that this is yet another company that most probably knowingly conceals the precise description in order to make some more bucks.

can't feel anything

Posted by Reviewer1979548 on May 16, 2011

i can't feeling anything. and it's not that good my heart. it makes my heart rate raising.