July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

Now Foods, L-Cysteine, 500 mg, 100 Tablets

Something that finally seems to be working against hair loss

Posted by 4630873230070687781 on May 20, 2013

I'm a female in my very early 30's and an inexplicable case of hair loss that no doctor or blood test seems to be able to detect 'medically'. Purchased NOW L-Cysteine after my dermatologist recommended it to me as a non medical solution. Seems to be working after 5 months of religious use - new hairs are sprouting all over my head.

NOW's L-Cysteine: No info on its source. Is it from human hair?

Posted by Reviewer2631717 on Dec 06, 2013

I bought this as an alternative to NAC for liver detox and support, because it is good to pause or alternate ALL supplements. Now I discovered on Dr. Mercola & Wikipedia that 80% of it is made from hair swept up in chinese barbers. Then from duck feathers and hog hair. It can also be made from fermentation, but is 3X as expensive. Some sites also say it is a brain excitent which eventually burns out the brain if taken in high doses. On NOW's site, they offer no info on their source, but offer the absolute cheapest L-Cysteine. Anyone know of a non- hair source? I give it 3 stars until I know more. Also of concern is the general lack of details re ingredients on their labels. For instance: There are over 4 kinds of vitamin K-4. Menaquinone 4, 7,8 and 11. Only the Menaquinone 7 is of true value for humans. The others are inexpensive or synthetic forms of no true value. Now Foods has a large number of vitamin supplements that avoid telling us exactly what we are getting. And I am getting more suspicious of this company for this evasive strategy. Millie from Canuckland

Hangover cure, huge tablet

Posted by Reviewer3337984 on Mar 02, 2011

Been taking this with grape juice and thiamine(B1) the nights I go drinking and the combo is working. Last time I drank over 10 servings(I drink this much maybe 5 times a year so I don't have real tolerance) combo and went straight back to school after 7 hours of sleep as usual. The capsule is about the size of largest soft gel -capsules I've seen.

L-cysteine - Hair Manna

Posted by Isabella on Sep 11, 2013

Everybody wants thick hair & skin and this is the pill that can support that goal. I take this regularly and I'm seeing considerably less hair fall. ===================================================================================== Click my name Isabella ▲ at the top of this review (blue text) to visit my profile ===================================================================================== If you found this review helpful, please let me know by clicking the “YES”-button below the review.

can't feel anything

Posted by Reviewer1979548 on May 16, 2011

i can't feeling anything. and it's not that good my heart. it makes my heart rate raising.