Now Foods, L-OptiZinc, 30 mg, 100 Capsules

Now Foods, L-OptiZinc

Posted by Reviewer2167095 on Apr 04, 2011

I knew I had a zinc deficiency from the white spots on my fingernails. I have been using a standard amino acid chelated zinc which I purchased locally in Australia. I thought I was taking care of my deficiency but my symptoms did not improve. I then decided to try this form of zinc & now my symptoms are improving quickly. The greasy skin was gone on day two!, my skin became softer, I no longer felt cold, digestion is better, I no longer feel as hungry, sleep quality is much better, I feel more relaxed, I have more stamina & the white spots have disappeared from my nails. I believe zinc levels in the soil are extremely low (particularly in Australia) as I have always eaten a very healthy diet. I will now be taking this zinc for the rest of my life to prevent deficiency. This is the only 'L-OptiZinc' that I could find, which is better absorbed than the ordinary 'OptiZinc'. Kudos to Now Foods for using top notch ingredients & to iHerb for stocking it! Highly recommended!

Really does work for Candida

Posted by Reviewer3121335 on Apr 03, 2011

I had an itch in my inner ear that I could never reach to scratch. Antibiotics didn't help, and my doctor said it looked squeaky clean. I suspected Candida, and taking this Zinc twice a day has completely eliminated my itch. My allergies are also almost gone, I was always sneezing and rubbing my nose, really gross. I bought this for good wound healing and it ended up alleviating my allergies and Candida problem. Amazing!

L-OptiZinc ► The Only High Potency Zinc Supplement FDA Approved Safe For Human Nutrition

Posted by 3827GreenWood on Nov 13, 2013

L-OptiZinc is the only high-potency zinc supplement FDA approved safe for human nutrition. L-OptiZinc is also an approved form of zinc for use in the EU in food supplements. In general, zinc is an essential mineral involved in regulating a large amount of enzymes in the body. It is known as an antioxidant and immune boosting supplement, and is most commonly supplemented to reduce the frequency of sickness and to support optimal testosterone levels. Zinc is highly involved in many enzyme systems in the body. Keeping normal zinc levels helps with the maintenance of these enzyme systems and acts as a hormonal and immune system aid. High dose zinc in response to the common cold (not taken preventatively, but only at the onset of sickness) appears to be effective in reducing the duration and severity of sickness. Zinc is also known to be circulating at lower levels in persons with acne relative to those without, and it is thought to be therapeutic by reducing the migration of immune cells to the skin and possibly reducing the effects of androgens on the skin. A number of trials using zinc for acne control note that standard to high supplemental dosages have a modest protective effect. L-OptiZinc is a forms of methionine-bound zinc that increase the bioavailability of zinc. Methionine is the amino acid best absorbed by the body. L-OptiZinc is standardized to 20% zinc, consists of zinc bound to the more bioavailable "L" form of methionine. Some preclinical studies show that L-OptiZinc is absorbed better, retained longer and are more effective than other zinc supplements tested. Taking everything into account, I highly recommend this high quality product manufactured by Now Foods with reasonable price offered by iHerb. A single dose per day is what you need. I hope you'll find my review helpful to you. I am a strong advocate on scientific medical research and evidence-based information, and constantly want to differentiate between marketing hyperbole and real world effects. If you like my review, please kindly click ‘Yes’. And also, please feel free to check out my page for more reviews by clicking my name 3827GreenWood at the top of this review. Best wishes and good health to everyone!

Now Foods, L-OptiZinc, 30 mg, 100 Capsules

Posted by Reviewer1243295 on Jun 24, 2011

I really like this Zinc. It has copper in it, which is very important. I used a Zinc supplement without copper at one time and I started getting white spots under my fingernails and upon studing why this was happening, I found out that Zinc without copper is the cause of these white spots, so I started this Zinc supplement and the white spots went away and never came back. You must have the right amount of copper in a Zinc supplement.

A Mom

Posted by Reviewer3292177 on Oct 29, 2008

I had gestational diabetes, then I started taking this brand of zinc, and with the next baby--no sugar problems! I love your site, I can find what I want at low prices and low shipping too,also very prompt.