Posted by 4965463117734606657 on Apr 08, 2016

the best

Posted by bobbienorthern on Apr 08, 2016

I have tried so many different magnesiums and this is the only one that I really like the best.

Gently calming to nerves

Posted by AIM-FOR-GOOD-HEALTH on Mar 16, 2016

Seems to have a perceptible calming effect on the nervous system. I was looking for something stronger however to deal with severe tension in my body due to sleep deprivation & fatigue. In the end I resolved my issue by addressing over-stressed adrenals and took the herb Schizandra - miracle stuff. I am now cured of Chronic fatigue and insomnia. In my experience it is critical to get to the root cause of your symptoms in order to succeed in aiming for good health. It pays to see a Naturopath or Herbalist for some advice, although in this case I worked it out for myself, the slow and painful way - 9 years of searching lead me to Schizandra, a major Chinese herb with wonderful benefits. (Feel free to visit my page to see my 100 plus reviews by clicking on my username.)

Not as effective anymore

Posted by Reviewer2408250 on Mar 12, 2016

I've been taking magnesium citrate daily for 7 years for help with benign palpitations and perimenopause. I've taken this Now brand in the past and it was fine, but I usually take the Solgar - it seems better quality to me. Based on all the good reviews, I bought this big bottle and have been diligently trying to get through it for the past couple months, but all my old symptoms came raging back. I think I heard Now changed their source on this one, don't know if that's true. But I've gone back to the Solgar and have had immediate relief. Will not buy this one again.

Now Magnesium Citrate

Posted by Reviewer1462661 on Jan 24, 2016

I take this in the evening before bed and it helps me to get a great nights sleep.

good price

Posted by 5280615812874896036 on Dec 26, 2015

Affordable, though not the best out there, as they still use magnesium stearate. Useful for constipation, and relaxation.

super good

Posted by 4844806052765778434 on Dec 12, 2015

great!

Affordable Way To Get Enough Magnesium

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 08, 2015

These tablets are quite big to swallow. Furthermore, there is magnesium stearate in the product. That's why I will give four stars. Benefits of magnesium may be more far-reaching than we've imagined. For example for: fibromyalgia, atrial fibrillation, type 2 diabetes, premenstrual syndrome, cardiovascular disease, migraine, aging. Magnesium also plays a role in your body's detoxification processes and therefore is important for helping to prevent damage from environmental chemicals, heavy metals and other toxins. Even glutathione, your body's most powerful antioxidant that has even been called "the master antioxidant," requires magnesium for its synthesis. There's no lab test that will give you a truly accurate reading of the magnesium status in your tissues. Only one percent of magnesium in your body is distributed in your blood, making a simple sample of magnesium from a blood test highly inaccurate. Early signs of magnesium deficiency to keep an eye out for include: loss of appetite, headache, nausea and vomiting, fatigue and weakness. An ongoing magnesium deficiency can lead to more serious symptoms, including: numbness and tingling, muscle contractions and cramps, seizures, personality changes, abnormal heart rhythms, coronary spasms, Magnesium citrate is magnesium with citric acid, which has laxative properties. However, I have not noticed anything. The difference between magnesium as a supplement and magnesium as a laxative is the dose. Magnesium Citrate is probably the most cost effective. (400 to 600 mg at bedtime is a good dose; or 200 to 300 mg two to three times a day). In a situation of magnesium deficiency, it may take up to 6 months of oral supplementation to correct things. I hope that you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

This used to be my favorite magnesium

Posted by ReaCovery on Nov 19, 2015

This brand of magnesium is great and the citrate form is good. I still buy this, mostly for my dad because it helps keep him 'regular'. I think he takes two a day. I'm not sure, but I think its also good for his heart. I used to take this one too, but now I take the glycinate form, which is slightly better absorbed, less likely to cause bowel issues, but for someone whocould use a little loosening up, this is perfect. Magnesium is calming, relaxing and good for muscles aches and pains.

Great product and price

Posted by 4640835835864020803 on Sep 07, 2015

Been using magnesium citrate post workout on workout days (400mg) and on non workout days I take 200mg at night, few hours before going to sleep. Great for relaxing and recovery!