Now Foods, Organic Essential Oils, Lavender, 1 fl oz (30 ml)

Smells bad, nothing like real lavender, certainly not like organic!

Posted by PurplePegasus From California on Dec 04, 2012

Sorry to say, between the organic eucalyptus and this one, NOW is a dud when it comes to organic oils. I work with a lot of organic oils and have never smelled anything like these. They're on the foul side, this doesn't exactly reek it smells nothing like the sweet floral that is lavender. It smells just bad. I do not recommend and wish I could get my money back from NOW foods. Skip this one and try another brand.

RaDonna Ridner-Thurman

Posted by Reviewer3106315 From Alabama on Feb 05, 2008

I love the lavender oil!! You can definitely tell a difference between the organic as I have the non-organic in the same brand as well. I didn't realize it when I bought the non-organic but chemicals are used in the extraction and the organic smells so much nicer and natural than the non-organic. My customer service experience was positive. The USPS made a mistake in delivery (delivered to wrong apt) and my package was delayed several days. That was not the fault of the company however and I will definitely order again and have referred this company to several friends in search of organic lavender oil. thank you.

Use in laundry rinse and in spray for bedroom

Posted by Reviewer1122917 From Arizona on Dec 01, 2007

I like buying certified organic oil and use this each time I wash clothing or sheets and towels adding 10+ drops to the rinse water. I also add it (20+ drops)to water in a spray bottle to freshen up sheets, pillows and the bedroom.

Very potent!

Posted by Reviewer1293656 From Korea, Republic of on Jun 09, 2010

Purchased as a skin anti-bacterial agent and to help break down scar tissue since Lavender Oil is toxic to scar tissue. Because I'm using it in combination with Jason Natural vitamin E oil 5000 IU, tea tree oil, and brown rice vinegar I can't confirm that it's specifically Lavender oil that is working...but something is DEFINITELY working! I've stopped having breakouts and I can see the skin discolorations fading faster than usual. It will take time to tell if the more built up scar tissue will dissolve using Lavender Oil, but I’m being very faithful to my routine so time will definitely tell. While not entirely telling of quality, Now Foods Lavender oil is very potent. I accidently forgot to completely seal the bottle before throwing it in my bag for a road trip so a little bit leaked onto my bag. Even with the car windows down the air was filled with the wonderful smell of Lavender.

Amazing

Posted by Reviewer1305684 From Canada on May 18, 2011

I have been usuing this Lavender oil primarily to control my as of late acne prone skin, I believe this alone has beeen the most important product in my skins turn around, i apply neat to my problem area's every night and my blemishes have been 99% better and i am not exaggerating. Secondly, I also mix with water for a make up setter and hair refresher, lavender oil is multi dimensional and i encourage all to enjoy its many benefits.