useful protein

Posted by fennel on Aug 10, 2011

I am just beginning to get the hang of using this, I wish there was instructions on making a jelly or sweets as it is difficult to estimate what quantity to use. I put some into my morning smoothie to increase the protein content, it is tasteless and so is easy to use for this purpose. I would love to be able to buy a grass fed organic version of this powdered gelatine.

Very good quality!

Posted by Freddieboi on Feb 11, 2015

Everybody raves about Grate Lakes gelatin but I find this to be at least as good. I have also done my research and it comes from a okay source (Argentina)

GELATIN FOR HEALTH

Posted by Reviewer1434258 on Apr 26, 2014

Since the 1800's, people have stopped consuming bones and cartilage and instead eat predominantly muscle tissue as their protein. Excessive muscle tissue in the diet is not good for the body, the kidneys in particular. Gelatin is made from the cartilage and bones of cattle, whereas much gelatin comes from the skin of pigs. Gelatin contains what the body needs to build and repair bone and cartilage, skin and mucus membrane. Putting gelatin into the diet restores the dietary balance, which made our ancestors strong and independent. Gelatin has many utility uses. For one, mixing gelatin with water makes a fantastic hair spray, which lasts for many days. The gelatin spray must be kept in the refrigerator, because gelatin is protein and therefore will spoil. Mixing colloidal silver with the gelatin will prevent spoilage.

great stuff!

Posted by Reviewer2913010 on Aug 12, 2010

Easy to use. I use 1/4 tsp of gelatin with 1/2 tsp of xanthan gum or guar gum per cup of gluten free flour mix, and the breads turn out delicate and moist. I still have 2 loaves of banana nut bread I made 2 weeks ago in baggies in the fridge, (i made 7 at one time), and they are still fresh and moist tasting, and even my gluten eating husband loves them! I will continue to use this brand as it is economical as well as a great product to use.

Excellent

Posted by Reviewer1949994 on Aug 13, 2014

As someone who has long suffered from joint issues, I can tell you that taking this is CRITICAL to maintaining my joint health. It is FAR more effective - and cheap - than other typical supplements, glucosamine, msm, etc... I make a kind of broth/jello out of it and have it with some liquid fish oil. Delicious and the effects are immediately noticeable.

works great!

Posted by 4686460776573731017 on Feb 25, 2015

So far I have added this to my coffee, made gummies w/ and without fruit, made fruit pie, and made marshmallows with no issue. This product has no taste and no smell.

Excellent Gelatin

Posted by Reviewer2759402 on Nov 03, 2010

This gelatin sets up well. I use it for homemade marshmallows and fruit juice gealtin snacks and haven't been disappointed. It stays fresh for months. A good buy!

Very good!

Posted by Reviewer2798035 on Dec 06, 2010

Use it in my morning smoothie to add protein and balance the glycemic index of the fruit and veggies! Doesn't add flavor or consistency to the smoothie! Haven't taken enough to notice effects on nails hair, cartilage, etc.

Seems to have fixed my knees!

Posted by Reviewer3218543 on May 30, 2014

Quality seems good, and my knees are amazingly better. I've been taking a little less than 2 tablespoons per day and I've experienced a great improvement in my knees: no more clicking and sticking and etc. The only 'negative' is that my knees sometimes feel 'over-inflated' - the ligaments have gotten used to a thin protective layer and now that layer is expanding and the ligaments have to stretch to adapt. That is an issue I am very happy to experience!

Great stuff!

Posted by 4991315301515667262 on Oct 09, 2013

I bought this for myself and my cat since we both have arthritis. She is 16 years old and has arthritis in her spine. It has really increased her vitality. She goes to the bathroom easier and she just feels alot better. I put it in a breakfast smotthie for myself. h Hopefully will help my vitality also!!