powdered buttermilk

Posted by Reviewer2338955 on Nov 05, 2008

this product is wonderful though difficult to find anymore no more half full spoilded cartons in the refrigerator. adds a better flavor to biscuits and hotcakes as well as smoothness.

For the dog

Posted by Reviewer2795786 on Apr 08, 2009

I bought the buttermilk powder for my Dog. It is an old remedy the vet said and said it would help her eye. She has cancer and a bad eye lid also. Unfortunately it didn't work because even a pinch twice a day in her food gives her diareah. Oh well. Don't laugh.

A way to this hard-to-find product, thank you ;)

Posted by Reviewer1728009 on Jul 25, 2009

I love buttermilk; I love making fruit cobblers, scones, Canadian pancakes, and Irish soda bread. It's that sour but light flavour. This is the perfect product ~ thank you iHerb! I live in the UK, and this product reached me in three days! Very happy. Excellent service, and mini sample pain-relief cream to try thrown in too.

Best price around

Posted by Reviewer3095143 on Sep 07, 2010

I needed this to make homemade buttermilk ranch dressing and it is excellent! Best price around and it was shipped fast. Thanks for the great product and great service!

Can't Say Enough Good Stuff About This - Not Anymore!

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Apr 19, 2015

Delicious and convenient. Will order again and again. UPDATE : the last order of 4 packets was so bad -- they were incredibly SALTY!!! iherb's Purchasing Dept was going to look into it but I am still waiting for the answer from NOW FOODS - AND THAT WAS A MONTH AND A HALF AGO! That's poor showing, Now Foods! I am no longer buying this, and will try other brands of buttermilk powder like BOB'S RED MILL and FRONTIER.

Overwhelmingly Salty

Posted by 5635358134871094558 on Apr 24, 2015

This product is disgusting. I just baked a batch of bread. But oh my! When I tried to enjoy the fruits of my labor, I had an overwhelming taste of salt. I then tried the buttermilk to see if this was the source of the problem. And it tasted like sea water. Avoid at all costs!

Convenient to have in the pantry

Posted by Reviewer2977723 on Jul 28, 2009

How many times do you look at a recipe and just don't have any buttermilk. Sometimes you can concoct a facsimilie using vinegar and milk, but who can remember the proportions. . . this product saves all of the hassle and can sit in the pantry until you need it. Excellent!

Creamy

Posted by Reviewer2463977 on Mar 12, 2008

Great for baking.

Wonderful

Posted by Reviewer2491305 on Jul 20, 2010

It makes wonderful Southern homemade biscuits.

great product

Posted by Reviewer2335034 on Feb 17, 2010

used for baking was tasty and measured well, no lumps.