No More Depression or Anxiety attacks!

Posted by Reviewer1662481 on Oct 03, 2009

My family has a strong history of depression. The type that requires prescription medication. (my father and his mother). I started noticing the strong signs of depression in myself about the age of 35. My Dr. prescribed prescription medication. I used these for several years, different brands, different strengths, then double strength all on my doctors hand written prescription advice. None worked very well and all gave me terrible anxiety attacks. So I not only was depressed, but now I also was having terrible anxiety attacks. I read about St. Jonn's Wort being used in Europe very successfully for depression and decided to give it a try. I threw away all the prescriptions. DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU ARE EXTREMELY SUICIDAL. I tried St. Johns Wort. I have used it now for 15 years and have no problems whatsoever with depression and well, am quite mellow, no more anxiety attacks from prescriptions drugs that really didn't work for depression either. I take 2 in the early morning and 1 at noon. I was so glad to find this website and am very pleased with the Now Foods brand quality and price.

Good stuff!

Posted by Reviewer1987629 on Feb 24, 2009

I have been taking this for a couple of weeks in combination with 5-htp and I do believe it is working for depression. I actually told my husband the other day, "Things seems brighter" and I meant it. Sounds corny, but walking outside the sky seemed bluer and the colors more vivid....plus my outlook on life has been more positive. I would highly recommend trying this before resorting to prescription meds....spare yourself the horrible side-effects and huge amt. of money and see how it works!

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer1769532 on May 01, 2008

I've battled depression most of my life. This product has made it possible for me to live, work, play, grow, learn and feel "normal"!

Works Just as Good as Kira

Posted by Reviewer2172676 on Mar 17, 2010

I was afraid to take this product for depression because I'd tried other St. John's Wort products before and nothing worked except for the Kira brand. Well, I guess many people like the Kira brand because it was out of stock at the manufacturer for a long time. Now, I've found Now Foods brand and it works just as well and is a much better deal.

Pick-me-up

Posted by Reviewer1032922 on Jan 08, 2012

This is even greater than I expected! I was suffering from a worse-than-usual case of SAD in November - a very dark, rainy, depressing time of year to live in the northernmost part of Europe. Darkness, depression, horrible relationship problems and a horrible break-up, stressed out because of study deadlines... after just one week of taking St. John's Wort plus 5-HTP, my general mood suddenly went from "devastated and morbid" to "cheery and upbeat", and has stayed there.

Works great but causes nausea once capsules dissolve

Posted by Reviewer2345373 on May 20, 2011

Capsules taste awful -even for the one second it takes to swallow. And once the capsules dissolved, my stomach would start lurching. The nausea is bad. I started taking them going to bed along with a piece of bread. I then try to get to sleep before the nausea sets in. It DOES work. I've suffered depression since my little boy died in an accident. 1200 mg of St John's Wort works as well as a combination of Cymbalta & Wellbutrin without any of the side effects. It does take a while to build up in your system, though. Give it at least 3 weeks before you see a difference in your mood.

Love it.

Posted by Reviewer2882318 on Oct 10, 2009

Three immediate family members take this daily. Their melancholic demeanor is so much improved and they are significantly less depressed and able to function normally. We all can tell the days they "forgot" to take the supplement.

St John's Wort

Posted by Reviewer2257645 on Jul 22, 2009

This is the best supplement I have found to help me with my social anxiety disorder and OCD. After being diagnosed I chose not to take prescription meds, instead I started taking two capsules of st. john's wort every morning and I could tell a major difference after maybe a month. If I miss a day or two I can really tell. I recommend this product to anyone who suffers from anxiety or mood disorders.

A basic, can't-live-without

Posted by Reviewer3191602 on May 01, 2008

I take this everyday. It is a lifesaver for those of us with serotonin deficiency, whom for one reason or another are not good candidates for the pharmaceuticals. Absolutely A+++ Lifesaving herb.

Stockpile it

Posted by Reviewer2484117 on Sep 05, 2006

I've been using this product for years now and can't fault it. iHerb is the best place in the world and on the web for all my supplements. One word of caution though - I ran out of this once and got serious withdrawl symptoms. Don't forget it's also used to reduce inflammation etc. I got terrible headaches after a few days without it.