Now Foods, Super Primrose, Evening Primrose Oil, 120 Softgels

Reviews 4-star

Helping my night sweats

Posted by Reviewer2095842 on Jun 03, 2009

I started taking these on the advise of my clinical nutritionist for my night sweats. After about 2 1/2 weeks, my night sweats have decreased immensely.

Great value for potent dose

Posted by Reviewer1638866 on Nov 05, 2008

This is part of an anti-migraine regimen that seems to be working.

Didn't help with PMS but my skin looks great! :)

Posted by Reviewer2985632 on Aug 02, 2009

I haven't seen any improvement in PMS which is the reason why I purchased PO, but my skin looks great after about 3 weeks of use, so it I'll keep taking it. :)

Good for PMS, flaky skin and skin with mild/moderate acne

Posted by Reviewer2686341 on Oct 18, 2012

Due to hypothyroid disease my skin has varied from VERY dry and sensitive(when hypo) to very dry but acneprone, and actually oily at the same time(when normal/hyper). Also noticed more breakout when PMS - the type that doesn`t really vanish until it`s time for the next cycle.... I started with a different brand, Efamol - and didn`t follow the "take 6 a day" regime. I just take 1 1300mg capsule every day(which I often forget btw...). Still it has worked noticeably for me; no more visible breakout when PMS(maybe some small occasionally), less PMS in general(less pain), my skin is less oily and less flaky - and also not so dry as before. It hasn`t made my skin perfect at all, but definitly improved both skin and PMS. Absolutely worth a try. Don`t really notice any difference between this and Efamol, but didn`t really try Efamol for long(just 2 months before switching brand). UPDATE: I have used these for almost a year now. I forgot to take them for several weeks, and in those PMS-periods I got back the PMS-cystic acne and more comedones(like before). So - the only time I don`t get the usual PMS major breakouts in when I use evening primrose oil. I take that as a sign that they are working.

excellent for monthly grumpiness

Posted by Reviewer1359813 on Oct 25, 2011

I take one cap a day and it really helped my monthly mood swings. It was a number of months before I noted a reduction in the premenstrual water retention so that may be down to a combination of this product and taking a base mix (to make the body less acidic)