NuNaturals, Erythritol, 5 lbs (2270 g)

Fantastic sugar replacement for baking!

Posted by Reviewer3065264 From New York on Jan 24, 2010

Erythritol is a wonderful, natural replacement for sugar in baking. It does cause intestinal side effects when used in large amounts, so I tend to combine it with other sweeteners (such a NuNaturals More Fiber Baking Blend). However, erythritol has a shape and texture similar to cane sugar, which makes it possible to cream butter and do other things which can be essential in baking, all without the side effects of sugar on your blood sugar levels.

Absolutely great for baking

Posted by Reviewer1892191 From Missouri on Dec 29, 2009

We use this for all our baking needs. Started using because of yeast-free diet. Can't live without it.

Two thumbs up!

Posted by Reviewer2102878 From Japan on Dec 30, 2009

For me, Erythriol works the best!! Stevia had the after taste but this one does not. I've not used it for cold drinks nor food so I'm not sure, but it melted fine in hot or warm food. I absolutely recommend this one.

NuNaturals Bulk Erythritol Crystals: Tremendous Asset for Sugar-Free Nutrition

Posted by Reviewer3080141 From Texas on Apr 17, 2010

I know, I know, it sounds like the mutant offspring of a chem lab and a toxic waste dump, but erythritol is a fermented sugar alcohol (not THAT kind, the non-recreational kind) that can take the place of sugar in cooking. It doesn't present the difficult side effect maltitol can have (I call it "Maltitol Thunder"), and it's not as... well, minty... as xylitol. We use erythritol in baking and desserts. The only thing I'd caution you about is that it doesn't melt and it doesn't erode, so I powder it in a coffee grinder first. It's about 70% as sweet as sugar, so you can either use about a third again as much in recipes as you would sugar (but be aware that it's quite rich), or do a half-and-half blend of bulked-up sucralose (the latter is what I do). I've noticed that, as we leave sugar farther behind in the past, we're not only loads healthier, we've quit craving sweets. Erythritol is a fantastic solution for diabetes management, although you can also benefit from using it if you'd just like to get away from sugar. The challenge is that we use enough of it (I feed folks at the office too) that finding bulk erythritol at a good price can be tough. You can't go wrong with this brand and the price. And, of course, iHerb always gives you terrific service, so you can't lose.

NuNaturals, Pure Erythritol Crystals

Posted by Reviewer2335575 From North Carolina on Jun 12, 2009

Love this product! Works great in baking and coffee!