• iHerb inventory is extremely fresh, as we buy this product directly from Nutiva, a local company.

• Reviews | English

great coconutty smell

Posted by annegoggans on Feb 13, 2011

Other brands like TT have a smoky smell that I don't like. This is nice to eat or use on skin as long as you don't mind the mild coconut scent.

Best Value on iHerb, mild taste

Posted by LantauMama on Jun 11, 2013

This is the best value coconut oil I have found on iherb, and it has a nice mild taste. The containers are great, I reuse them for other things - so that is a bonus too!

Good oil but it should be packed in GLASS NOT PLASTIC

Posted by 5758804025431012968 on Jun 13, 2012

I do enjoy the good smell, quality and size of this oil. I love that there are so many uses for it. My only con is that I wish it was in a glass container instead of a plastic one because I feel like that plastic diminished the good quality of the oil :( I read that the oil act kind of like a solvent and absorbs all of the chemicals form the plastic. For that reason I will not repurchase this oil and opt for one that is in a glass container. If the company changes from plastic to glass I would repurchase this.

A wonderful immune booster

Posted by Reviewer2586788 on Sep 02, 2009

We take this faithfully and have seen dramatic results with viruses such as flu and cold, herpes and dandruff. We cook with it, use it on our skin and give to the dogs!! Tastes great too =D

Definitely recommend Nutiva Organice EV Coconut Oil

Posted by Reviewer3279459 on Feb 16, 2010

I bought this not too very long ago and need to buy another one. 54 oz! Not only do I make cinnamon candy and chocolate candy with this, but my dog absolutely loves this oil as well. I'm addicted to having a huge tablespoon, cream and splenda in my coffee every morning. It helps keep me full and throughout the day, when I'm wanting something "sweet", I'll put some in tea (with cinnamon and splenda) or in decaf coffee with cream and splenda. I do highly recommend this CO. Other brands don't have the coconut smell or slight taste of coconut. It's wonderful on the skin, hair and hands.

Extra Virgin Coconut oil

Posted by Reviewer1785493 on May 01, 2009

I have wanted to try this product for a long time. The price is great. As expected, it tastes and smells like fresh Coconuts. I have found, however, that not all foods and vegetables are compatible with the taste of it. I did not like it combined with cauliflower and broccoli. But was I in for a surprise when I sauteed onions in the oil and added green cabbage. Yummy! I almost ate a 2 qt. pot filled with the cabbage in one "standing." To my surprise, there was no indgestion.

Best I've found!

Posted by Reviewer1748513 on Mar 14, 2010

Love this stuff. Adore it! Best organic coconut oil I have found and a very great price. Oddly you see it cheaper per ounce if you buy the 54 ounce bottle instead of the gallon. Has a wonderful coconut flavor without being over powering on most foods. Very good health benefits too - one of the very best sources for oils that help maintain your Omega 3/6 ratio. Great for all uses except salad dressing on a cold salad - it becomes a solid on the vegetables. Highly recommend this product!

Tastes like heaven

Posted by 4630873230070687781 on Aug 18, 2012

Purchased Nutiva's Coconut oil after reading all the raving reviews here on iherb, and I was not disappointed. For anyone new to the idea of using coconut oil for cooking like me, buying this product will come as one of the most pleasant surprises. The taste of this oil is DIVINE - I mix it with my yogurt and protein powder (MRM Whey rich vanilla, also from iherb) to make my pre/post work out snacks creamier. Have noticed my hair getting thicker and shinier too! I am a complete convert, and will continue buying this delicious and super healthy oil forever! Thank you iherb for all excellent products, always at unbeatable prices and extra speedy delivery!

My all time favorite

Posted by Reviewer1756734 on Oct 24, 2011

I love, love, love,this coconut oil. I cannot live without it. I also love, love, love iHerb. Lightening fast delivery. It's a miracle how quickly my orders arrive to Canada. I don't know how they do it.

Smooth

Posted by Reviewer1539804 on Apr 17, 2012

Works great & taste great!