New To iHerb?

NutriBiotic, Sodium Ascorbate, Crystalline Powder, 16 oz (454 g)

Miracle cure

Posted by Reviewer1521002 on Jul 14, 2011

I use this orally, but also as an amazing tooth paste (keeps tooth pain at bay - let it soak in), and add a bit of thickner (xanthan gum) to make the most awesome skin salve - mix slowly (no air bubble entrapment), preferably with a plastic spoon, which does miracles. One night treatment improved circles under my eyes. Dose not sting in open wounds and will accelerate healing like nothing you've ever seen ... plunged a cut finger directly in the powder .. it healed with no peeling at wound edges (never had that happen before) and no scaring. Do not pre-mix ... it oxidizes VERY quickly as soon as it hits water losing the extra electron that it donates to intracellular processes.

Not easy to take small doses - be mindful of vit C effects on hormones

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 02, 2013

This dissolves easy and has virtually no taste when mixed with water (slightly saline). However, even one eighth of a tsp is still more than I would like to take so this is not right for me. Suggest any woman struggling with hormonal issues avoid mega doses of vit C - it's a proven aromatase inhibitor and will therefore cause a decrease in estrogen (though obviously that can be advantageous when estrogen is too high). At higher doses it can cause a decrease in both estrogen and progesterone. I've read that amounts over approx 750mg can start to cause hormonal changes that may not be beneficial. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Best deal on Vit C available

Posted by Reviewer1747011 on Mar 01, 2011

Taking Vitamin C in this form (sodium ascorbate) is the best. I use it to make liposomal C. But it's also quite nice to simply dissolve a little in some water or juice and take it that way. Much more palatable, imho, than Ascorbic acid crystals. In addition, if you have receding gums, or you need it topically - it is a better format in general. Simply wet the powder with some water, make a paste, and apply it to gums. Studies also show that some skin tumors simply fall off using topical C (not to be used with malignant melinoma - at least not alone). So the topical application again makes it superior to ascorbic acid - which burns too much to use for topical. So overall, for most uses of Vitamin C, this is really the best going that I've been able to find on the net.

Sodium Ascorbate : a real help for gout sufferers

Posted by Reviewer2341250 on Oct 07, 2011

I find this product extremely useful. Within 24 hours I was able to notice the ph change. Within 7 days I noticed a change in my joints, skin, and digestion. On top of it all, I could really feel the difference all this was making. I have suffered from gout for 20+ years and getting a non-acidic form of Vitamin C that also increases body ph to basic is almost a miracle. This is a good natural way to treat gout and get the Vitamin C your body needs on a daily basis.

A miracle product!

Posted by Reviewer1532492 on Dec 15, 2009

I was on vacation and woke up with a tight chest, stuffy nose, and lost my voice. I took this at night before bed and woke up almost completely better the next morning. Normally when I get the tight chest and lose my voice, I feel bad for at least 4 days. I also gave it to my husband and kids and they didn't get sick. I love this stuff!!!