Good, but does have a distinct 'pea taste'

Posted by Umbridge on May 28, 2010

This is nice - not too sweet, not too overpowering with the flavour, but I find that when I use a whole scoop I can really taste the flavour. Instead, I have been using half a scoop in my smoothies, oatmeal, etc. and that seems to keep the flavour from being overpowering. Of all the vegan protein powders I have tried though, this is definitely in the top 5.

Seems good!

Posted by Reviewer2728133 on Jul 17, 2010

I bought this product because Olympian labs appear to put a lot of research into their products& this was one of the few natural protein powders to list a BV value. I feel I'm getting a good amount of protein from this& it tastes delicious! One point that concerned me was that on the label it states the powder has a chemical known to cause birth defects. I spoke to Olympian labs & they said this is because of Californian law states that anything from the ground must state on the label that it can contain traces of lead. The amount in the powder though is negligible& not a cause for concern.

Olympian Labs Pea Protein

Posted by Reviewer2092919 on Jun 27, 2011

a little powdery. but 1 scoop gives about 25 g of protein.

Good product, 4 stars

Posted by Reviewer1950359 on Sep 12, 2012

I previously used whey, but gradually developed a mild intolerance to it, so I switched to rice protein. I found a great tasting brand, but rice protein is always grainy in texture and somewhat hard to mix, plus the price went up so I decided to try pea protein. The consistency is excellent, smooth and fluffy, very easy to mix, at least with water. It's also more bioavailable than rice protein. It is mildly sweet because of the xylitol and stevia; certainly not too sweet by any measure! The taste was perhaps the only weakness of the product; it definitely tastes like ground peas, but the vanilla adds a nice touch and I'm sure I'll get used to the flavor eventually.

Tastes like peas

Posted by Reviewer1378072 on Mar 14, 2010

This is a funny protein powder; cause it kinda tastes like, well, peas. But not in a bad way. The "pea" factor is easily disguised by fruit, agave or almond butter ... I use this becuase I and whey/wheat/soy intolerant. Very high protein factor.

Good

Posted by greenisthenewblack on Oct 10, 2012

A bit chalky, but not at all offputting. The taste isn't brilliant at first, but I have grown to like it. Decent price.

Protein Vanilla Bean powder

Posted by Reviewer1589911 on Jul 07, 2013

I think it is good. It gives me the strength I need through a the day. I also take it before going to bed as I sleep better.

good~

Posted by Reviewer1037703 on Jan 23, 2012

i ate this with cacao in water and milk. it tastes good better than other protein products.

OK

Posted by Reviewer2161116 on Feb 02, 2012

We have tried many protein powders and I liked the content of this one. The flavor was OK, too. I appreciate all the great reviews. That helps with my dedision. The price is right.

Tastes ok

Posted by Reviewer2185424 on Sep 23, 2010

We can't eat dairy or soy protein, so we're grateful to have other options. This protein powder tastes a lot like peas, with a hint of vanilla sweetness. Unless used sparingly in smoothies, oatmeal, etc., my kids really dislike the taste. I add vanilla extract and a bit of stevia or other sweetener to punch up the taste, but it just tastes like peas. Fine for adding to baked goods. When added to hi-carb stuff, it definately makes for a more filling meal that staves off hunger for a substantial amt of time.

« Previous | 1 2 | Next »