My favorite cookie

Posted by Reviewer3257537 on Sep 04, 2013

I love Pamela's butter shortbread. It tastes like a traditional shortbread, not very sweet but very rich. This cookie has been a favorite of mine and my customer's when I managed a health food store. It was our best seller because it tastes great first and being gluten free is a bonus!!

Not the best, but pretty good

Posted by Reviewer1743240 on May 12, 2013

These are pretty good cookies - with a substantial, satisfying texture. I like the fact that this company came up with a recipe that is able to produce satiety after one or two cookies, and doesn't foster a "simple carb"-like craving to overindulge. Other gluten-free cookies can fail in this regard - that is, a reasonable serving can fail to give one a feeling of satisfaction. This company has found adequate substitutes for the "stick to your ribs" quality that gluten apparently provides. However, I admit that after tasting another company's gluten-free shortbread cookies, I have "fallen out of love" with these cookies a little. The flavor of these is a little bland compared to the buttery goodness of the premium shortbread cookies out there. But these are still a nice addition to a rotation of gluten-free treats. These are quality cookies that are fairly economical compared to other gluten-free treats.

BUTTER SHORTBREAD

Posted by Reviewer3271800 on Jan 24, 2012

Sorry, they didn't taste anything like the Shortbread I am used to making that is NOT gluten free. Also tasted Stale.

YUM!

Posted by Reviewer1871989 on Jun 03, 2011

These are great for anyone, but if you have a gluten intolerance like I do, then you'll really appreciate them. They are soft and the taste and texture are the closest to real shortbread that I've had. It's also a bonus that they use agave instead of sugar.