Not a great coffee substitute

Posted by 5531213142908494821 on Mar 23, 2016

I purchased this product because so many reviews were positive, but don't be fooled. I had to quit drinking coffee because my body just doesn't handle it well anymore. If you're looking for a substitute for coffee, what I've learned is that there is none! This product tastes like burnt instant coffee at best. It also lacks the depth of coffee. It's not even good with milk and sugar. In fact, it's so bad that I won't even finish the tin. Strangely, the only thing I've found that satisfies my cravings for coffee is dandelion tea. It has a depth that these coffee substitutes lack.

Pero

Posted by Reviewer1945254 on Mar 15, 2016

Good substitute for coffee.

Cheap

Posted by Yevheniia on Feb 25, 2016

Not impressed, but it's a hit because of the price and size

pero

Posted by 5583316310840745458 on Jan 22, 2016

We have been drinking this product for several years and enjoy it.

Good Substitute

Posted by 5231814768665160895 on Sep 25, 2015

I've stopped drinking all coffee and tea, because the acid hurts my stomach. But I still need a hot drink to start my mornings. This is the third coffee substitute I've tried, and is, by far, the best. I'd still rather have coffee, but I don't feel so deprived when I drink this and it doesn't cause stomach problems for me.

Perfect!!

Posted by 4830009186985985152 on Aug 28, 2015

Never thought I would find a substitute for Cafix but this is just as good and weighs half (cutting down the shipment fee a lot). I will repurchase this brand from now on. Tip: try the recipe on the box. It tasted grate.

Great hot drink with no caffeine.

Posted by WardieWard3 on May 12, 2015

A small spoonfull of Xylitol and a dash of almond milk makes Pero my favourite evening drink.

not great

Posted by Romlenz on Apr 09, 2015

It's ok I suppose, if you can't find any other Barley coffee but it taste a bit burned (same with Cafix). I'll stick to Barley Cup instead. Can be ordered from the U.K.

Not bad, for low acid substitute

Posted by Reviewer1309052 on Mar 13, 2015

Ordered this because the Cafix was on back order. Prefer the cafix taste a little more, but it is also good.

Great!

Posted by 5310068025095801156 on Feb 25, 2015

I had previously drank Cafix and decided to try Pero. I like it. I will definitely be ordering again.