10% Off Orders Over $40!

Rainbow Research, Henna Hair Color and Conditioner, Persian Medium Brown (Chestnut), 4 oz (113 g)

Great Hair color for a natural look

Posted by Reviewer2498153 on Oct 02, 2008

This Henna-Rainbow Research colors by giving highlights. My hair looks healthy and my hair looks like it did 20 years ago! I will never use harsh chemicals again. I mixed this with hot coffee to reduce red tones. Works great!

Very Satisfied

Posted by Reviewer1229545 on Jan 24, 2010

I have used Henna before, and I decided to try yours. I also heeded the directions for covering the gray hairs I have using coffee and apple cider vinegar in the Henna solution, and it worked! I love how my hair looks and shines and feels like silk. Thank you! Your site was so helpful, as I am severely allergic to dyes, so I have to use only Henna. I used to use it alone, and of course, it didn't cover the gray hair. I followed your instructions and they worked beautifully. Thank you!

Works great

Posted by Reviewer1533331 on Jan 22, 2012

Henna is a lot of trouble and makes a big mess. It's a commitment. If you do not want a bunch of chemicals on your head, henna is the only way I know of to cover gray. On my hair this was not as dark as I had hoped. Chestnut is my natural color. I have to use red henna on my gray roots to get them orange, then apply chestnut or sable henna to cover the orange. Gray roots require double-processing with henna to turn them brown. The first application of lawsonia inermis (red henna) binds to the gray hair and coats it; subsequent applications of indigo (the ingredient in this that makes it brown not red) adhere to the red henna coating. It is a lot of trouble and a work in progress. However, I have done this for close to a year and finally have glossy, shiny, thick brown hair. A year ago I had thin, splitting, damaged, artificially dyed hair that was too ash - now the color is back to my natural chestnut. Research henna before you try this.

Grey Hair turned greenish

Posted by Reviewer2129691 on May 06, 2011

I had some grey hair and followed the manufacturer's instructions concerning it. My grey hair turned green and I am not sure what will happen to all the hair in the sun. I don't know what to do now! Not going to touch this thing again!

Works good

Posted by Reviewer1672828 on Mar 08, 2011

Works good. It's messy and all that, but the hair looks great afterwords. Offcourse the chocolate colour turns out a bit on the red side, but henna does that. I like the recepes inside, how to mix in eggs, coffee, oils and other things in the mix to get the result you want.