Best vanilla extract I've had

Posted by LilleaRaychel on Jul 14, 2011

I've tried many different vanilla extracts, and have even made my own by steeping vanilla beans in Polish potato based vodka, but this one is the best! No weird things added to it, like most extracts today, even the supposed natural ones, and the taste is richer. I find that a little goes furthur, so it ends up being more economical too.

Has alchohol in it!

Posted by Reviewer2147845 on Feb 17, 2012

As this products advertizes being pure and organic, I wouldn't think it had alcohol in it - but unfortunately it does, so your cooking won't taste as good as when using the non-alcoholic one. Shame, because Simply organic is a great brand for spices and seeds!

Simply Organic makes Simply the Best!

Posted by LessSugarNaturally on Jun 12, 2013

For the greater part of my life I bought imitation vanilla from the grocery store....a time in my life I will sadly never get back. I remember the first time I tried organic madagascar vanilla.....It was love at first smell. This organic vanilla lingers and flows from your nose to your tastebuds. There’s 3 main types of vanilla.   Tahitian vanilla .... best paired with fruit, Mexican....with spices like ginger and cloves and Madagascar which goes best with cream and chocolate. Simply Organic also sells Ugandan vanilla which is slightly sweeter than Madagascar and has hints of chocolate. I like the Madagascar the best. I love Simply Organics as they don't sell any products that have been irradiated. Their products are dated so that I know how fresh they are ... and they give 1% of their profits to support organic farming causes. I live in Canada and have received all of my iherb orders within 2 weeks. Feel free to check out my other detailed reviews on products like stevia, baking staples and low-toxicity beauty products and do let me know if you found this review helpful :)

Very Good and GLUTEN FREE

Posted by Reviewer3000993 on Aug 02, 2014

In the United States, in order for a vanilla extract to be called PURE, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration requires that the solution contains a minimum 35% of alcohol and 100g of vanilla beans per litre (13.35 ounces per gallon).[refer to Food and Drug Administration (April 1, 2010). "Food and Drugs, Chapter I, Subchapter A, Food for Human Consumption, Part 169—Food Dressings and Flavorings"] ---- so, of course this has a high alcohol content! It is a requirement!! Come on people, be fair in your criticism; and know your facts first. Besides, the alcohol burns away in cooking/baking, so what's the problem? We have a recently-discovered celiac in our family, so we were concerned about the source of the alcohol in this product --- we are relieved to learn that it is gluten-free.

Excellent quality

Posted by eathealthy on Dec 29, 2013

This is the best vanilla I have ever used in my baking. It tastes great and I like that it is an organic product. If you like my review check out my page by clicking eathealthy in blue above to see reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb!

Not very good!

Posted by WomRev on Jul 23, 2014

It has very strong taste and smell of vanilla but I really don't like that I feel and smell the alcohol. Also, the bottle is disappointing - it hasn't dispenser.

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT.

Posted by Reviewer1533764 on Nov 16, 2014

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT. Strong alcohol taste. Weak weak weak vanilla taste. Yuck.

The best vanilla.

Posted by RodericRinehart on May 01, 2011

One of the most trusted companies in herbs, spices, extracts, salt. Delicious, organic, and perfect!

Bad taste (no vanilla) and too alcoholc - Worthless!

Posted by Rosiee on Sep 19, 2012

I've tried putting it into my cereal and baked good and it not only did NOT make them have vanilla flavour, but also spoiled them! It had too strong alcoholic taste and some "flavour" that I am not sure what it is, but it's NOT good. Waste of money.

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer2588465 on Jul 25, 2012

I love that this vanilla is organic. It makes wonderful baked goods. I also use it with stevia and organic cacao powder to make a delicious sugar free hot chocolate.