This is rubbish - not all 'natural'. Bad Solgar. That aside - what vit A top reviewer ???

Posted by Health-Is-Wealth on Dec 05, 2013

Very misleading label - this contains vit D derived from lanolin, not just fish liver oil. The equivalent product label on their UK web site clearly states 'from fish liver oil AND cholecalciferol' (or refer the 'natural' 400iu on their dot com web site - 'Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol AND fish liver oil)'). This label also notes 'fish oil' under 'other ingredients' - fishy label is fishy! I never buy vit D derived from lanolin and will never buy this again, nor recommend it. It's a shame Solgar haven't noted the source of the vit D on the label in a user friendly way, so people who don't tolerate irradiated sheep wool fat can easily tell (rather than play detective after reacting poorly to a product). This isn't the first Solgar product that's let me down. I used to buy Solgar preferentially, but not anymore - I'd rather support brands that make it easy to buy their stuff. HOWEVER - I'm not sure which label the top reviewer was looking at. Nowhere on this product does it state it contains vit A. Given the suggested dose is one to TWO soft gels per day, by the reviewers estimations that'd mean ingesting 6000iu of vit A - well over the RDI, meaning this bottle would be required to carry the standard warning. While I admonish Solgar for not clearly noting the source of the vit D, I believe they're reputable enough that they wouldn't intentionally poison people. Contact them if in doubt - I did, and they clearly confirmed all ingredients. If this review was helpful to you, please click YES below - thank you. For reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb, please click my username above.

Excellent product, but take care (it also contains Vitamin A)

Posted by Reviewer2236736 on Jul 06, 2010

I'm using a couple of Solgar products and they are all top notch. However, I did not pay attention to product details: beside vitamin D3 these gels also contain 3000 IU Vitamin A. This is important when, like me, using other supplements that also contain vitamin A. Keep an eye on the Upper Tolerable Intak Level (UL) of vitamins A!

Love this product.

Posted by Reviewer1547022 on Aug 29, 2008

Love this product. Is in gel cap and bottled in glass which I prefer rather than in plastic containers.

The best vitamin D on the market

Posted by Reviewer2976529 on Jan 31, 2009

I have this to be the most effective vitamin D on the market as proven by blood tests. Many other vitamin D's out there just don't do the job.

Natural Vitamin D and A

Posted by Reviewer1819798 on Jan 31, 2010

I only want to use natural vitamins. The vitamin D and A is natural from fish liver and more recognizable to your body. Can't find another brand with thise vitamins natural occuring.

Don't overdo a good thing

Posted by Reviewer2905303 on Jun 27, 2011

I'm 54 years old and have gotten excellent results by taking half a gel (six drops) a day. If you're daily off-and-on sun exposure is cumulatively twelve minutes or more per day, you most likely don't need to be taking 1000 IU. Daily intake for persons 51 to 70 years old ought to be 400 IU (some say 600 IU). I take a sewing pin and pinch the gelatine capsule in order to squeeze out six drops of D3, which would be 500 IU. If my wife and I, who live in a very sunny country, were to take 1000 IU daily, we'd get pulsating headaches. D3 engages directly with various kinds of cancerous tumors and inhibits their further growth.

Solgar, Vitamin D3, 1000 IU, 250 Softgels

Posted by Reviewer2953896 on Nov 29, 2011

Excellent product very good value for money from a trusted company

The best vitamin D

Posted by Reviewer2809025 on Mar 04, 2010

Made from fish oil, it's the highest quality and most easily absorbed vitamin D. I have used it for years and it keeps my D levels perfect.

Right size, easy to swallow.

Posted by Reviewer2593305 on Aug 06, 2010

East to swallow, no side effects, not too large.

Vitamin D3

Posted by Reviewer2523468 on Jan 26, 2011

Once again - Solgar is a name I trust for purity of product and Vitamin D3 gives me what I lack due to being inside for work all day