Most Amazing Ever

Posted by Reviewer1779793 on Sep 30, 2008

I have tried varieties of L-Tryptophan. Even one compounded by a pharmacist. This version with the Coenzyme B-6 is the most remarkable. I feel better quickly and sleep very well at night. It helps with daily stress and is perfectly safe. Eliminates many cravings for sugar and caffeine. A great investment in my health. Wouldn't be without it.

Well designed formula

Posted by Reviewer1331472 on Aug 17, 2010

The inclusion of B6 as p5p was a good choice in conjunction with tryptophan. The Dr. Best formula includes B3 as niacinamide (which is a known soporific agent), but having added my own niacinamide, I cannot perceive any difference. Melatonin is synthesized AFTER serotonin. The synthesis of serotonin (and other neurotransmitters) is catalyzed by a B6-dependent enzyme. Furthermore, B6 is required to manufacture Niacin from tryptophan. Thus a reason one might choose tryptophan over melatonin is NOT to skip any intermediary steps (there are a few studies showing that direct melatonin supplementation reduces levels of intermediary products). I use low-dose melatonin anyway (Same brand, sustained release) because sleep is scarce.

L-Tryptophan Source Naturels

Posted by Reviewer1889120 on Feb 10, 2011

My 25 year old son, who suffers from severe schizophrenia symptoms, probably caused by organophosphate poisoning at the age of 8, has been taking L-Tryptophan for 2 weeks and the change in him is remarquable. He has been confined to the house and his bed for years now we are out walking twice a day! The terror of passing people is diminished considerably and the overwhelming wish to die has gone. I hope it is going to last as we tried 5HTP last year with the same effect but it suddenly stopped working and he was thrown back into the hellish pit of schizophrenia.

Brain Chemistry Change

Posted by Reviewer2060826 on Jan 19, 2010

In the past, I used this product for insomnia, and I had good results. Since then, I've gone into menopause and am having sleep issues again. Last week I started taking the L-Tryptophan again, and I've had disturbing dreams and nightmares several times. Apparently my brain chemistry has changed, and this supplement is not right for me now. I would still recommend it to persons with chronic insomnia.

Much better than straight melatonin

Posted by aRPiieS on May 26, 2011

Tryptophan is much better and much more consistent than melatonin in sleep support, act's much slower but much longer and does not give you same kind of night sweats. Melatonin knocks you out faster and harder but wears off in hour or two, max three. You also get benefits of serotonin and endorphin as your body manufactures also these from tryptophan. For me it is easier to get adequate tryptophan from pills than food at night as my metabolism turns on overdrive and goes through night if I eat too much heavily tryptophan laden food before bed time. Will buy again if there is still a need for sleep aid next time. P5P is a additional bonus on this one, iherb should take 90 or 120 pcs packages into lineup fast.

In combination

Posted by Reviewer1557027 on Apr 25, 2014

I am using this in combination of Pregnenolone, Vinpocetine and Huperzine A to help with my memory. I can actually say I have been able to tell that I have better recall since I started taking it.

Better sleet

Posted by 5108625530090015951 on Feb 25, 2015

I take two of these before bed and i find I have a more restful sleep and don't wake up during the night. I like the Source Naturals brand, I have tried a few different supplements from them and I find they've worked better than other brands.

Really helping me to sleep

Posted by 5467951958981891830 on Dec 23, 2012

Been taking this over a month now and except for one night, I am falling right to sleep within minutes of hitting the sack. I still wake up for a bathroom trip during the night, but am able to fall right back to sleep after it. And I have no grogginess or hung-over feeling, like I got from Melatonin, when I wake up in the morning. Good stuff!

For Sleeping

Posted by 5750346776589271785 on Mar 18, 2013

I have just started using these to help regain a sensible sleep pattern. The first night I took 2 tabs half an hour before bed I slept well but felt rather lethargic the next day, not used the next night on third night took 1 slept well and felt alright throughout the day. Had 1/2 a tablet on the 4th still slept well so am continuing on 1/2 a tablet and am very pleased I can now get a good nights sleep. Great product and price compared to the one manufacturer/distributor in Australia, very fast service from iherb. Thankyou

good for sleep

Posted by Reviewer1702334 on Nov 22, 2010

Excellent for sleep and anxiety, and cut my sugar crave