This is the cinnamon that works

Posted by Reviewer2450848 on Sep 27, 2010

True, it is not what is called true cinnamon--but it is the Cinnamon that is used in studies about its efficiency for blood sugar control and lowering cholesterol etc. If you choose to use it for health issues, not just for flavor--this is the one to go for! SME California

cinnamon and using it for weight loss,

Posted by Reviewer1695400 on Sep 08, 2010

Glorious aroma on opening the bag, and me being clumsy, I didnt mind the powder spill at all as I poured into a manageable container. The only thing is, this cinnamon turns into a slimey snot like goo at the bottom of the jug when I make tea with it, and that puts me off drinking it, so I just got some true cinnamon sticks to use instead. This is Cinnamomum burmannii from the cassia tree and is not the true cinnamon which is also called Ceylon cinnamon. Cassia cinnamon has an average 5% coumarin content which acts to thin blood so you must not use large amounts, but True or Ceylon cinnamon (not seen on iherb), does not contain coumarin and you can take as much as you wish. True cinnamon is paler and sweeter and much more expensive, but I like this one just fine for my needs. For weight loss tea, you take half a teaspoon cinnamon (Ceylon or true type), dissolved in 1 cup water, NOT boiling or you kill the honey goodness and flavours etc, 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice and 1-2 tsp honey to taste. Cool. You take half in the morning and half in evening, on an empty stomach. I only need a scant teaspoon honey personally, Cinnamon burns body fat and stops you feeling hungry all the time. I have read of people taking big doses and suffering dizzy spells, which I reckon is because cinnamon reduces blood sugar, which is how it will stop hunger, so just be sensible about it. Ive been fine and Im prone to dizzy spells from my health issues. If this has helped any please give a rating. Thanks

Starwest Botanicals Cinnamon powder organic from Indonesia

Posted by Reviewer3293520 on Oct 07, 2013

my mother, a chef who has many decades of experience in cooking, visited us and made a dish using this cinnamon. she was very unhappy. she showed me how this cinnamon make rice slimy and it's not good taste-wise.

like it

Posted by Reviewer2766476 on Jan 02, 2011

my momk takes lots of cinamon for she's got a diabtetes. she said that this one has a very good taste

Sweet, fragrant and delicious

Posted by Reviewer2850810 on Feb 15, 2011

Some of the nicest cinnamon powder I've ever tasted. Obviously other people think so too as it's often sold out!

Real cinnamon?

Posted by 5539874042131114926 on Nov 22, 2013

Turns slimy when hot water is added. Very disappointed.

The colour and the aromoa WOW!

Posted by 5205758833389112609 on Apr 19, 2014

I love cinnamon, don't we all? It is great for our blood and so I add it to smoothies so I get it raw regularly. Of course it is nice with poached apples etc but seriously, without any exaggeration, when I opened the packet for the first time, I was blown away by the aroma and deep colour. This is very good quality and the price is great for organic. I can only give 5 stars - nothing less. Yes I will order again because the taste is also AWESOME!

Great Product

Posted by Reviewer2893893 on Jan 20, 2011

Love this cinnamon... ditch the grocery store kind!

good buy

Posted by Reviewer2526088 on Aug 24, 2010

I use a lot of cinnamon so it makes sense to buy it this way and refill my bottle as needed. This has good flavor and its organic. Love it in my oatmeal in the morning with a scoop of maca powder, a couple chopped dates, flax oil and hemp milk. Yum!

great deal

Posted by Reviewer2886301 on Mar 10, 2011

We use in smoothies almost everyday, and put on our dogs dry food, they love it. Very fresh and good price.