July Special - Free International Shipping for orders over $40.00!

The Tao of Tea, 100% Organic Japanese Powdered Matcha Green Tea, Liquid Jade, 3 oz (85 g)

Better than expected

Posted by drewmastro on Jun 25, 2013

Hopefully I can solve some of the questions that you may have of this product after reading the reviews. I have been drinking matcha for years and have tried many brands, most of them incredibly expensive. This is not a top quality macha. That is why it doesn't cost over $100. What is the difference? It really is just the colour. This is not brown in colour, as some have described- it is a leafy, mossy green. Premium matcha IS more vibrant in colour but tastes the same. Some reviewers mentioned they weren't able to get a creamy foam on top when whisking- I have been able to on occasion- the water must be at the right temperature- not too hot or cold, however, with a premium product this does work every time. Considering the price and that matcha contains at least 5 times the antioxidants of loose-leaf green tea, I will definitely stop spending so much on this product again. The only difference between this and the more expensive brands is that, as they are greener they would contain more chlorophyll and marginally more antioxidants. If you are smart though (and not wealthy), you would realise that this product is still the wiser choice.

Tips and Tricks

Posted by Pertinax on Aug 03, 2012

If you are not using a bamboo matcha whisk, the simplest way to prepare matcha tea is as follows: In cup: Add a few drops of hot water to matcha powder and mix into a paste with spoon. Then add the remaining hot/cold water

The Tao of Tea Matcha Green Tea

Posted by Reviewer2335047 on Sep 22, 2011

This is excellent tea! Had my first cup of Tao of Tea Matcha Green Tea tonight. After about 30 minutes or so, I felt more energy, more "grounded." It's now almost 11:00 p.m., 'didn't have afternoon nap, I'm not feeling tired or sleepy at all! I will definitely take the tea daily and reorder. California

My first matcha tea

Posted by eathealthy on Jun 29, 2013

This is a nice organic matcha green tea with no fillers. Although it is a little pricey it is worth it. Using daily as a way to increase my greens intake and antioxidant intake. Very satisfied with this product. If you like my review check out my page by clicking eathealthy in blue above to see reviews of all the products I have purchased from iHerb!

Pleasantly content

Posted by Reviewer1150680 on Sep 24, 2011

Before this I had had Matcha produced by one other brand which also sold organic Matcha tea but this came from China. The teas feel pretty similar but The Tao of Tea one tastes perhaps slightly better meaning a gentler and not so bitter taste. Obviously, you're not going to like Matcha if you're expecting the usual teabag taste experience here since this is much stronger stuff. The Matcha made by The Tao of Tea is also a bit more affordable for me so the choice was clear. The packaging is also better with a sealable bag that doesn't spread the tea everywhere. I don't think I ever found a recommended serving size but I'm using a teaspoonful/cup. I'm not giving this five stars because I'm not that well-versed in analyzing qualities of Matcha tea but I have no complaints, though obviously the price could be even more affordable in my eyes, but as I understand it's a highly demanded product in Japan and there isn't always that much to sell abroad cheaply.