The prostate is a small gland that lies under the bladder and surrounds the urethra. Its fluid increases sperm motility and lubricates the urethra in order to prevent infection. Prostate secretions are important in successful fertilization of a woman's egg. Benign enlargement of the prostate is called BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia), and is quite common. BPH is thought to be caused by changes in hormones associated with aging.
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia- Health Conditions Book
- What is Prostate Enlargemenrt? Dr. Murray
- Zyflamend Naturally Reducing Prostate Inflammation. YouTube Dr. Katz
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia Natural & Alternatives
- Prostate Cancer Center InFull Medical
- Prostate Cancer -Interactive Tutorial MedlinePlus
- A Watch and Wait Prostate Treatment NyTimes.com