Not as Good as the Original......

Posted by Reviewer2832827 on Nov 26, 2012

Alter Eco made a huge mistake by changing the Dark Blackout bar by adding vanilla and by making it thinner than the original version. The vanilla detracts from the full bodied flavor of the original version, and the new version bar is much thinner at 2.82 ounces vs the original bar at 3.5 ounces. The new thinner bar lacks the nice feeling of sinking into the chocolate that the thicker original bar had at 3.5 ounces. Alter Eco needs to bring back the original formula and thickness. In the mean time, the new version is better than the other 85% or higher organic chocolate currently available

Rich, Dark Chocolate; For the Connoisseur

Posted by wholefoods on Dec 04, 2012

I purchased this product because I enjoy very dark chocolate bars (80% or more cocoa content). I really like these bars. The taste is strong with subtle notes of vanilla. I can also tell that this chocolate is sourced from different cocoa trees than mass produced chocolates as there is quite a bit more complexity in the taste. A little bit of chocolate goes a long way. I also appreciate that the company, Alter Eco, seems committed to purchasing from smaller cocoa plantations. That said, this chocolate is not for everyone. If you enjoy a very sweet tasting chocolate like Dove Bars or milk chocolate, this bar will probably be much too bitter for you. However, if you like extreme dark chocolates with high cocoa content as I do, I think this is one of the best! I will purchase often.

My favourite 85% Dark Chocolate Bar

Posted by Reviewer2261819 on Dec 01, 2012

This is the best 85% dark chocolate bar I have ever tried. Ideal for those looking to indulge in low sugar organic chocolate, but not wishing to be overwhelmed by too dark a flavour note. As a nutritionist, I love the fact that Alter Eco sweetens their chocolate bars with whole, unrefined cane sugar.

this is the best chocolate EVER

Posted by bbchris on May 05, 2013

it's got no extra additives, no emulsifiers, it's so chocolatey-tasting and it disappears so quickly once I reveal I have a bar of this. We've repeatedly ordered this bar many times. Thank you Alter Eco for a fantastic product!!!

HEAVEN

Posted by Reviewer2018312 on Jan 02, 2013

Just perfect amount of sweetener and darkness. Most dark chocolates are still quite sweet or either too bitter. I never liked chocolate until I came across Alter Eco Dark Blackout and Alter Eco Dark Velvet.

the secret to my sublime brownies

Posted by Reviewer3303538 on Dec 04, 2013

This chocolate bar is dark enough to use in baking when a recipe calls for semi-sweet, bitter chocolate, or cocoa. I like to use organic fair-trade chocolate in brownies and cakes, etc., if the price is right, and in this case the quailty is excellent.

There is no taste. Salty, bitter .

Posted by 4905513992423857731 on Dec 28, 2014

There is no taste. Salty, bitter .

Too bitter.

Posted by 5476211092861741312 on Apr 23, 2015

The chocolate came discolored, whitish but not sure if its supposed to be the case. Too bitter for my liking.

Delicious dark chocolate !

Posted by 5268887598244641215 on Jun 02, 2016

Best 85% I've ever had. Look no further to satisfy your chocolate craving while getting a hefty dose of antioxidants. If you're a fan of dark chocolate I highly recommend you to check it out. O / /( . ) _II_

Authentic but slightly bitter for my taste

Posted by 5378201473882705291 on Dec 06, 2015

I ordered this chocolate because I had read that it was authentic and organic. I had never tried 85% cocoa prior to this so I found it a bit bitter. Don't get me wrong , I really liked it, but it was more bitter than my previous experiences. I love dark chocolate but I had never tried more than 77% hence found this one to be more strong which is obvious.