Nice, but I prefer Alba TerraTints in Blaze

Posted by Reviewer2077277 on Aug 13, 2010

I wrote a review for the Red Tourmaline shade as well, which is a pale pink that makes my naturally pigmented lips look sickly. This shade is more red, and looks very natural on my lips. It stays put and doesn't bleed into fine lines or collect in the corners of my mouth like conventional lipsticks tend to do. It also wears away very evenly and looks natural the whole time while it's on your lips. The texture is delightfully creamy and silky, and there's no detectable flavor or scent. This lipbalm has two ends: one color, one shimmer. You're supposed to be able to wear them either alone or together. I do not recommend wearing the shimmer end by itself unless you're into the 1960's frosty white "mod" lips look. I prefer the Alba TerraTints Blaze shade to this one because Blaze suits my cool toned skintone better. While this one is more of a soft true red, Blaze is a berry red. On the downside, TerraTints contain SPF, which I don't care for in a lip product. They're also mint flavored, which is nice, but I prefer the unflavored Badger ones. I don't know if I'll buy this again or stick to my usual TerraTints. I need to test drive this shade some more before I decide.

Love it

Posted by Reviewer2087439 on Dec 21, 2012

I use this everyday because it is so natural looking but still has enough colour to make a difference. I usually add some lip gloss of the same colours ontop too.

Didn't like it

Posted by Reviewer1248241 on Nov 26, 2010

The color is not red or even reddish, it's more of a purple-hued color. Not my choice of shade, but may work for someone else. Opal shade is very well, opal.

Love it

Posted by KrisHolth on Aug 28, 2012

I have dark hair and fair skin and this color suits me great. You can make the color lighter by using the shimmer on top.

Good, Non-Toxic Lip Tint

Posted by Mincruiser on Sep 07, 2013

I was surprised at some of the negative reviews of this product. It is a healthy, non-toxic lip tint and in my opinion does just what it is supposed to do: it provides a wash of moist, natural looking tint to your lips. Those that are looking for a heavier, longer lasting "color" can turn to Estee Lauder or Lancome and not to a natural non-toxic product such as this one. I am very satisfied with the product and would definitely purchase it again, both this shade and the Garnet shade. On my lips the Red Jasper shade looks like an enhanced version of my natural lip color, and the Garnet shade is a bit more pronounced, so I use that one when going out in the evenings.

Red Jasper/Opal Shimmer Lip Tint

Posted by karishma on Jun 07, 2014

I have olive Asian skin and I thought this lip tint would be a bit dark. I was very impressed with the color, not dark or too bright, just nice for my skin tone. I'm up to my third one now and have bought a couple more just in case!

Love Love Love

Posted by KeittyLove on Jun 22, 2011

Good on my sensitive skin and its colour makes my face healthy. Cute red.

My new sidekick

Posted by SunDownSeede on Oct 21, 2010

The feel of this lip tint is fantastic! It doesn't reveal my cracks in lips. I own many expensive brand names but this is the one I use regularly.

Good colour. Not sticky.

Posted by Reviewer2683170 on May 31, 2011

Love this. Made my lips look naturally tinted. NOT at all sticky like most lip products. I'd definitely buy this again.

Gorgeous tint

Posted by Reviewer1022706 on Jan 26, 2011

It's calming to the lips and has great colour! Love it!