Good and Earthy

Posted by 5069589124426428316 on Mar 03, 2014

I have seen some reviews about this Sunflower Seed butter being runny and grainy tasting. I will admit that it is both of these things. However, I don't mind it one bit. The earthy taste just proves to me that it's natural and I love it. If you are looking for chemical filled creamy, thick nut butter like JIF then this product is not for you. However, if you like natural tasting seed/nut butters then I would highly recommend this product.

Unique taste

Posted by 5174964609355262602 on Jan 07, 2016

I've been eating Dastony nut/seed butters for more than a year now because they're raw, for the benefit of being sprouted, and because each taste as if eating the actual nut or seed from your hand. I enjoy the seed's pure, unique and clean flavor. (Other commercial sunflower seed butters can taste near close to peanut butter, I deduct from being somewhat masked by the addition of a different oil stirred in.) However, in receiving my latest shipment, I was stunned to see Dastony change to PLASTIC containers; this does NOT match my ideal, nor does it seem to align with the pureness of the product content.

Yum with lots of health benefits

Posted by plantbadedelixir on Dec 16, 2015

Easy to eat, rather than chewing lots of sunflower seeds. Many healthy vitamins in sunflower seeds. Thank you to Dasony for a great pure product !!! No refined sugar, vegan, cruelty free!!

Very good

Posted by Hizerom on Dec 01, 2016

This sunflower seed butter tastes just like sunflower seeds. I like to add a little bit of salt and cold-pressed pumpkin seed oil. Yum!

Very fresh-tasting!

Posted by 5275592479105129619 on Dec 14, 2016

Sometimes nuts/nut butters don't taste fresh, but this one definitely does! I would definitely order this again. Sunflower butter is not quite as delicious to me on its own as peanut butter or almond butter, but this is still wonderful. Great thick texture.

Nice in savoury dishes

Posted by NaturopathGabby on Jun 25, 2016

This product is pricey, because it's laborious to make. It works well if you want to make a nut free pesto, or a simple salad dressing. I wasn't a fan of it on its own though.

very good

Posted by 4981225071447531845 on Dec 12, 2015

i'd love to order it again

Loved it

Posted by 4632034145135472514 on Feb 14, 2017

Really yummy! Added a bit of real salt and raw honey and it is the perfect treat!

Horrible taste!

Posted by 5326844786496194736 on Jan 24, 2017

My favorite Maranatha Sunflower seeds butter was out, and needed this for my kids lunch (nut-free environment), so thought I should give it a try to this product even though it is expensive. I am sure it is very healthy and all but tasted horrible and we ended up dumping it. Wasteful but could not figure out any other way to use it. Not recommended.