Never Take Sam-e without Vitamins B-complex

Posted by Reviewer1327018 on Nov 07, 2008

I have been taking this over a month now. good results untill one day i felt fast heart beat and short breath. did some study and took B-complex. Made my heart back to normal in minutes. once again, this is an excelent product but do not take it without vitamin B-COMPLEX.

TALC is an ingredient!

Posted by Reviewer1843019 on Feb 01, 2012

I have not used this product but I was ready to try it until I read all the ingredients listed. There are numerous chemicals including TALC which is a known carcinogen. I have contacted the Dr. Best company and waiting to hear back from them. The ingredients listed as "other" do not appear safe and I would be very concerned about ingesting these. It's a joke that one would trade off one problem for another like, cancer or liver toxicity.

Ridiculously good price

Posted by Reviewer3088906 on Feb 02, 2008

SAMe is ludicrously overpriced, but Doctor's Best outcompetes other brands by far. Clinical studies only show a major benefit at high doses (1200 mg/day), but it can be a remarkably effective antidepressant. I heard this lecture by a psychiatrist on alternative medicine in the treatment of mood disorders -- because patients respond to SAMe so rapidly, she said that she often used it during the early stages of SSRI or other anti-depressant therapy to help patients get relief faster. Response times to SAMe are on the order of around 2 weeks vs the 4 weeks usually required for most other ADs. (NOTE: Talk to your doctor or psychiatrist about using SAMe as an adjuvant to antidepressant therapy, and *definitely* if you plan on using SAMe in place of traditional therapy.)

Wonderful for taking the edge off

Posted by Reviewer3291104 on May 01, 2010

We bought both the 200mg and 400mg dose. We bought both because I worry a lot and that increased with the onset of perimenopause. The SAM-e has helped my whole family. That tightness from worrying is gone - as well as the worrying. When I feel the anxious, I take a 400mg pill. I read in Mind Boosters by Ray Sahelian M.D. that he took 800mg dose throughout the day without side effects. I haven't taken more than 600mg in one day and have not experienced any side effects. SAM-e takes the edge off - like a glass of wine only without the calories and it lasts a lot longer.

The best SAM-e!

Posted by Reviewer2647370 on Jul 01, 2008

I have had amazing results with Dr's Best SAM-e. I chose it because it is double strength and is the genuine SAM-e from Italy. Within 10 days I started to notice a lift in my mood and less anxiety. After a month, I felt like a different person. I have never felt this way before in my life. I will continue with it every day. I feel great!

Great for moods and liver problems

Posted by Reviewer1719446 on Jan 23, 2008

I've been taking SAM-e for about five years now for both moods and liver disease. I take from 400 to 800 mgs. per day. I do not take drs. prescriptions and think SAM-e has been very very helpful. I first heard about it at a Hep C meeting. My liver panels are very close to normal and I do not suffer depression any longer and I'm 66 years old. I honestly believe I've been able to control my mood swings with SAM-e.

Ahhh Found it !

Posted by Reviewer3003083 on Nov 01, 2010

I recently went off Prozac....I just slept All the time. I decided to try some Sam-e. Unfortunately, I tried three other brands before Doctor's best. The others made me sleep...I was neither happy or sad...just sleepy. Dr. Best was the only one that made me perk up and WANT to do things...I'm not exaggerating ...I guess everyone's brain is different and we all have different reactions . This one is the one for me...Finally I found my match. If I could give this product 6...8..20 stars...I would.

What a find!

Posted by Reviewer3298417 on Jan 06, 2008

This is a great value; high quality at an affordable price! I started taking SAMe on my doctor's suggestion to help my memory (1000 mg a day) and it really helped. But I never realized how it was helping with day-to-day pain until I stopped taking it for about a week. Then I was reminded how much the arthritis in my back hurt, even with the exercise that I thought was providing all the benefit! Now my husband's taking it for his memory as well and we're committed customers!

great product

Posted by estranged on Jan 14, 2009

I have tried various products for my depression like st.john's wort, 5-htp, rhodiola rosea etc. But none of them worked for me. SAMe works as effectively as a prescription antidepressant but the effects are more natural and it has no side effects. I began to feel better on the 6th day using it.

Jury is still out

Posted by Reviewer2057276 on Apr 19, 2008

I began by taking one pill each morning. After three days I became violently ill. Thought perhaps something else may have caused this, so I continued to take the SAM-e and continued to be sick. The package insert said may experience "mild gastrointestinal irritation". Nothing about what I experienced was mild!! I decided to try taking one tablet every other day and so far that has helped. No more stomach issues...yippee! I would recommend that people start out on the lower dosage product and build up to the higher dosage...just to be on the safe side.