a great natural curl 'relaxer'

Posted by Reviewer2793743 on Jun 20, 2011

I just finished rinsing this henna out of my hair and have to say this stuff is brilliant, exceeded my expectations. I don't know if its because I left it to sit for almost 3 days; because I was applying it in the first place to reinforce my hair after heat damage (so my natural bond was easier to manipulate); because I already applied henna (from Lush) about 6 months ago, but I am loving the curl pattern that I was left with after using this product. I knew henna could do this but have never seen such dramatic results. My only regret is that my application was uneven and the curl pattern is now more clumpy, elongated and defined on one side of my head than the other (I'm a 3c by curl definition but this has made parts of my hair 3b). Will be using again soon to rectify this problem but will definitely buy again. The colour is quite nice, though I can't really tell the end colour because I sit here doing my post-henna DC and have not seen the colour when my hair is dry. I had been lightening my hair with cinammon for a while now so the deep reddish undertones are more exaggerated than they would have been otherwise on my dark hair.

Henna user

Posted by Reviewer2700340 on Jun 09, 2011

This is my second time ordring this same product, and I am very happy with it, will order again in the future, I hope they keep it on the market. The way I use henna, I shampoo my hair before applying henna, apply henna overnight (7-8 hours), rinse it off thoroughly, and do not shampoo again for about 3 days. I usually repeat henna application once a month. Last time, I repeated henna application weekly for 3 weeks, and it works even better (although monthly is fine). What people need to realize is that henna does not remove your natural hair color, it layers over your hair color. This product works marvellously for gray hair, which I have a lot of. In short, GREAT PRODUCT!!!

Good quality henna at a great price!

Posted by Reviewer1603727 on Aug 22, 2011

This is great henna! I'm really happy with the colour. It's covered my greys really well. The trick is to mix it with vinegar or something acidic and either let it soak overnight or heat it with a double boiler until its really hot (or both). This releases the dye more effectively.

Good but big particles

Posted by Reviewer1123526 on Jul 31, 2011

very dark color, good value for money

Brilliant color

Posted by Reviewer2954358 on Oct 25, 2011

I have been using henna to color my hair for about 8 years now and must admit that this is the best henna - the result is a brilliant, even medium copper shade (my natural hair is very light brown), a bit too bright along the hair line at first but it faded there to a more natural shade after 2-3 washes. Don't forget to wipe off any henna splattered on your skin during application (face, ears, etc.) and use gloves, or you will end up with orange patches there for several weeks. I do not use vaseline or olive oil as was suggested to put on my skin along the hair line for protection, I just wipe henna off with a wet facial cotton round before I put a shower cap and a towel on. I am very happy with the result I got, so I will buy this product again.

Red Leaf Henna

Posted by Reviewer1404297 on Jan 27, 2012

I have been using red leaf henna for about 30 years. It is an essential hair care item to me. I am pleased with the quality of this henna powder as well as the delivery time. Thanks so much.

good henna

Posted by veljanov on Jul 19, 2011

quality henna. It turns a beautiful color and hair glitter

Great for colouring hair.

Posted by OKOKOK on Aug 09, 2012

I use this in my hair over night, and it gets a nice red colour afterwards that lasts for months. The only bad thing about this is that the powder isn't really that fine, so it's a bit hard to get out of the hair again.

Loved this brand of henna!

Posted by Reviewer1309052 on Oct 18, 2012

It lasts longer than others i have tried. I will order again & again. Thank you, Iherb.

henna

Posted by 4860441352806984675 on Oct 26, 2012

I loved the product. It was just what I was wanting. Cheers.

1 2