Salmonella Virchow contamination Warning

Posted by 5216521696014584781 on Jun 04, 2016

Unfortunately I ended up buying the container infected with Salmonella Virchow. I am a transplant patient and always take good care about the food i eat. I was admitted in the hospital twice and after careful examination of the stool samples, I was diagnosed with Salmonella Infection. Since I am on immunosuppressants, my condition worsened and i had to stay for a week at the hospital. :( FDA posted the same on their website and Garden of life recalled their Raw meal products infected with the virus. No refund for me unfortunately.

Okay

Posted by 5745211695320728391 on Oct 09, 2012

2 scoops is a huge amount of powder. I have to take one scoop and then another later on. The taste is sweet and a nice vanilla but the texture is pretty gritty. Once it is shaken drink it as fast as possible. Since this is plant protein if it gets left to be drunk over 10 minutes it turns in to a glue like goopy thick mess and the taste ofdried pea and musty plants come out. It's plant protein so you cannot expect the smoothness from a whey shake.

life changing

Posted by Reviewer1692388 on Mar 27, 2013

I started using this in a high protein shake for my sons breakfast, and the difference in his attitude and work is amazing. Not sure if it's the protein or high nutrition, but i am sold!

Saved me so much money

Posted by Reviewer2532046 on Dec 02, 2012

I was always so hungry all the time. Now I drink my breakfast mixing this product with almond milk and feel fine until lunch. It's only 310 calories per serving. Sometimes I drink one for dinner and feel great as well. After a few weeks of taking this and NewChapter CoffeeBerry tablets, I have no cravings and am losing weight with no exercise (albeit slowly).

great for shift workers

Posted by Reviewer2158303 on Apr 26, 2013

I take this mainly in the morning of my early shifts, where my body doesnt want to digest the food (at 5am) and i have this instead and keeps me going for hours and doesnt stress my body out. Also great before i go to meditation class as it doesnt weigh me down and affect the quality of the meditations. Plus its nutrients contents is better than most multivitamins. I will be back and buying this again and again. Thanks.

Absolutely love it!

Posted by Reviewer1536148 on Apr 15, 2013

I love this! I add it to my morning and night smoothies with all my other supplements. I totally recommend you give it a try. Yum! :)

Perfect breakfast to go

Posted by 5743100392708523094 on Dec 21, 2012

I blend in some fruit and take as my breakfast to work and drink at my desk. Love it. I will have an apple or veggies mid morning. Tasty, satisfying and keeps my energy up.

Love this.

Posted by Reviewer1944110 on Jul 06, 2013

I have been taking this for almost 6 months now. I am a vegetarian and I find it hard to get enough protein per day. This really helps, I have it with coconut water or milk for breakfast of lunch. Love the taste as well.

Good.

Posted by azronis on Oct 02, 2013

I bought this for my dad, he is drinking it in the morning instead of having breakfast. It helps him to satisfy hunger while it provides energy and vitamins. I think it is good choice for all who are trying to lose weight, but only if you are using it in addition to complete change of eating habits and the way of life. This product is not a miracle and it will not miraculously melt your kgs, but it is great product when you are using it as a part of balanced diet. Also, it is good value for money.

Best vegan meal replacer.

Posted by 5071855144537468403 on Dec 16, 2014

I love this meal replacer...I still use it despite no longer being vegan. I know many people complain about the flavor, but I honestly enjoy it. It has a "green" taste with a sweet, mild vanilla aroma...and that's with me using unsweetened, unflavored almond milk. Another thing about this shake, it is THICK. Like, REALLY THICK (do to the Chia and Psyllium). I honestly use half of the amount you're supposed to use. I use 1, unpacked, scoop with about 14-16oz of either water, almond milk, or a combination of both. Once shaken, if you let it sit for 5-10min, it becomes thick. I sometimes drink half and fill it back up with more liquid and it still comes out with a thick body, so I can't fathom using the full, 2 scoop amount, I feel like I'd need to eat it with a spoon! It's satisfying, filling, delish. My dad has begun drinking it as well and is thoroughly enjoying it as well. Ps. you'll need a blender or shaker cup. A battery operated Vortex cup won't do. Believe me.