Organic First Flush Darjeeling Tea - a great product!

Posted by Reviewer2475031 on Nov 15, 2010

Thanks iHerb for your timely and friendly service. I have already recommended your service to my daughter, and at least two of my colleagues who love good teas. The Hampstead First Flush Organic Darjeeling tea is unquestionably a very refreshing, crisp, and flavorful tea. I have been drinking tea since I was 5 or 6 years old (I am 58 now). I can distinguish even the slightest variations in teas. The subtle yet distinct flavor and character of this Organic Darjeeling tea changes my mood (cheers me up) as soon as I take the first sip on a weekend morning (rain, shine or snow). I do not add anything to this tea - just drink virgin! After I pour the brewed tea from the tea pot into my tea cup, I also drop a few brewed leaves of this tea from the tea pot straight to my cup; this way, you keep getting the flavor out of the leaves till the last drop. Many people don't know this trick. I suggest everyone to try this (yes, it will taste a bit stronger, but then, you can't beat the experience). Thanks iHerb. Prosanta

Very good tea

Posted by Reviewer3091428 on Feb 20, 2017

This is a Darjeeling "first flush", which means it's made with the young leaves harvested in spring. The infusion has a light amber color because the leaves are not completely oxidized. If you like strong black teas, look elsewhere, this is more like a mix between green and black tea. It has a mild flavor (not very astringent or bitter) and is supposed to be high on antioxidants.

홍차의 느낌이라기에는...

Posted by Reviewer2067907 on Mar 19, 2014

first flush니까 다즐링일까 하면서 샀는데, 다즐링은 맞겠지민 뭐랄까... 홍차라기보다는 억센 풀의 맛이 좀 더 많이 나더군요. 잘못 우린건가 했는데 한 통 다 마실때까지 별 맛을 못 느껴서 추천은 못 하겠더라고요.

fine tea!!!

Posted by Reviewer1424715 on Mar 25, 2011

delicious tea, good smell. perfect

Slightly overpriced

Posted by Reviewer1123526 on Jul 26, 2011

It's written "grand cru" but it's more like "vilage" - the quality of this tea should be better. it's not typical for first flush. It's cost should be around 4-5$ and not 8.

Not to my taste

Posted by Reviewer1620513 on Sep 24, 2010

Now I havent had a first flush before so maybe this was going to be different but I found this to be pretty weak and slightly bitter. Kind of tastes stewed even if you dont leave the water in long. I have been buying Jungpana In Between darjeeling which is a wonderful fresh fragrant quality darjeeling second flush. I bought this as it is organic but it isnt a patch on the In Between.

bitter