Vitamin D

Posted by Reviewer2352583 on Jul 12, 2008

Great to find a Vitamin D3 that is in an olive oil base in the recommended daily value. Most D3 has corn oil.

Very Good Vitamin D

Posted by TrueShoppingAdvice on Dec 07, 2015

I am very happy with this vitamin D. It is very easy to swallow, small in size and it definitely works. I like the fact that it is in pure cold pressed olive oil. 2,400 IU = 60 µg vitamin D3, the best form of vitamin D. You should meaure your vitamin D level sometimes to see that you are getting enough this very important sun vitamin. I have measured my blood serum 25-Hydroxyvitamin D, 25(OH)D three times and last time my test result was 141 nmol/L = 56.4 ng/ml. My test result was now at optimum level which is 125 - 150 nmol/L = 50 - 60 ng/ml when you are taking enough Vitamin D. I will continue with the same dosage that is 2,000- 5,000 IU daily to keep my vitamin D level right. There is no need to worry about overdosing because the tendency for serum 25(OH)D to rise when the starting level already is higher is very gradual. I hope you find this review helpful. Please, also visit my page for more reviews, especially for new customers to iHerb. Enjoy your iHerb journey!

Easy to get all the D I need~

Posted by Reviewer2068561 on Apr 08, 2008

Instead of taking 4 of the 1,000IU, I take one of these and one of the 1,000. In the Summer, I'll just take one of these. Easy!

Vitamin D3 without the softgel

Posted by Reviewer2905725 on Oct 14, 2009

I live in the south, have many food allergies and Celiac disease - a frightening combination! For the last year I have been trying to get a viable, vitamin D from my doctors. My docs gave up after several different tablet, gel and drop formulations left me ill, in gastro distress or were not absorbed. I set out on my own looking for a formulation that I would not react to. I spoke to pharmacists and searched the web. Finally, I found a solution - your Healthy Origins Vitamin D3 based on olive oil! I cut the gels and release the oil onto my food. No allergic reactions, no digestive pain. Amazing! I am so glad I found your product and didn't leave my health in the hands of my doctors.

A perfect gift...

Posted by NarnianGirl on Apr 21, 2010

This is small enough to pass around as a gift to someone not aware of the importance of vit D. Easy to pack and send. I am ordering several more ... Granted, the bigger bottle is more cost-effect, but even this is remarkably cheaper than much weaker vit D products available in my country.

review of Healthy Origins Vitamin D 3

Posted by Reviewer1037399 on Jun 20, 2011

Excellent product and excellent service. This product and WEB site were recommended by my primary care doctor as a source of high quality products. She was right!!! jackie spaulding

Works well

Posted by NinaNystuen on May 24, 2012

These have certainly helped me to get my vitamin D levels up in general, as the bloodtest-results showed a lack of vitamin D before using these, and a perfect balance after starting - So I am very happy and will continue.

25-OH levels

Posted by Reviewer2249481 on Apr 03, 2009

I take enough (7200 IU) to bring my 25-OH D levels to 55 ng/ml. This is optimum for most people. Make sure to have your 25-OH levels measured by a reliable lab.

Vitamin D

Posted by Reviewer2534422 on Oct 18, 2008

Pretty decent dose in small easy to swallow minigels. REcent medical opinion states that Vitamin D dosing is too too low at 200-400units and should be increased to at lleast 2000U/dy. with upward range to 10000U/dy. Canadian health ministry recently gave notice that increasing Vit. D to these areas lower riskj of getting Cancer up to 80%. It works as a master regulator benificial steroid like compound keeping cells division and differentialtion in check so less mutant cells exist for the body to fight. When combined with resveritrol it can be an effective mutant cell fighter.

Vit. D softgels

Posted by Reviewer1885894 on Nov 07, 2008

My husband has to take these after having prostate cancer and he loved these little softgels as he has trouble swallowing and these he can take easily.Thank you for them.