A good product for super-defined curls!

Posted by vickyherb on Jun 25, 2015

This product works really well at giving you definition. I don't use it too often, so I haven't found the right amount to put in my hair. When I use too much, I get crunchy curls. I can quite easily make the crunchiness go away once my hair is completely dry by smoothing my curls with my hands, though, so it's not a big deal. The big issue, and the reason why I'm only giving this four stars instead of five, is this white dandruff-like residue that I get every time. A little bit of water gets rid of it, but it always appears on the top of my head, which takes the longest to dry, and 99% of the time I leave the house with wet/damp hair. This means that at some point during the day, the white stuff will magically appear and just sit there for all the world to see until I 1) realise my hair is now dry and 2) get to a mirror and some water.

Excellent Product

Posted by Reviewer1825878 on Oct 08, 2012

When I used it for the first time it was a little bit scary because it "frizzes" hair. It seems that all the moisture and water disappear and simultaneously swells the hair. The hair dries stiff but after drying, I scrunch out the crunch and my hair is perfect, soft, with well-defined curls.

Kinky Curly Curling Custard

Posted by byebyegluten on Jun 28, 2012

This is the one product that has worked for my curly hair! A little goes a long way, and it's an all natural product that doesn't weigh your hair down or make it super crispy.

Kinky curly

Posted by 5058100865577765176 on May 19, 2016

Nice in my hair. Where I live is hot and humid in Hk. Thus product last the day. I have to use generous amounts so can be me costly for daily use. Loosens curls when applied and doesn't dry out too much by the end of the day wet look has gone. Doesn't stop shrinkage in my 3c hair

Works really well!

Posted by 5025934585534480233 on Jun 18, 2016

First let me say I am very happy to have this product back in my life . I moved overseas and they do not sell this in Sweden , I have also learn how to make the curling custard last longer and also soft to the touch. I use the curling custard as a set for my curls after I wash it and use Knot today . I leave the custard in my hair for three days then I wash my hair or some times for a week. What I do everyday is take some water on my hands or spritz my hair with water work my fingers through my hair and hey i have curls and my hair smells great. Curl pudding can last a while in your hair also if you add a light oil .Now make sure you do this after you spritz it with water and run your hands through your hair it has to be a lite oil okay and a oil with out protein . I say this because the curl custard has enough protein in it and if you add more then your hair gets that white residue . So use a lite oil like olive, jojoba , argon oil, please do not add a protien oil if you do this right your hair will be soft and touchable.

Changed my life!

Posted by 5225621874424584848 on Aug 01, 2016

Brilliant for taking volume out of bushy hair and creating defined curls. It also has no silicone etc - Halelujah! You need to follow the instructions but once you find what works for your curl type it's amazing. Can also use a VERY small amount to tame fly-aways / frizzies but this may not work for those with fine or less hair - I have a lot!

LOVE THIS PRODUCT

Posted by 5478937206156954973 on Aug 18, 2016

This Kinky Curly product has made my hair really curly - LOVE it - thanks

Awesome!

Posted by 5435551792042384603 on Oct 03, 2016

Awesome curls!

Kinky Curly works best for my 3C/4A hair!

Posted by 4631203926293345050 on Feb 08, 2017

I've tried various other curling gels over the last 5 years, and this one has the best ingredients and reaction with my hair. I've tried Eco, Camille Rose, Aunt Jackie's, SheaMoisture Curling Gel Soufflé, etc. They are all good products, but they did not work for my fine, 3C/4A hair. I type my hair so that anyone reading this can imagine how tight my curls are and how they respond to the weight and ingredient s of most gel products. Kinky Curly works best with their leave-in conditioner, but I find it too expensive. A leave-in is necessary in my case, but I use Giovanni Direct Leave-In Weightless Moisture Conditioner. It works similarly, and has the same consistency and is half the price. You don't need much of it, a little goes a long way. Your hair must be extremely wet. These two products together are my staple. I have experimented with other products and tried to find something that gives me similar results as the Kinky-Curly, but nothing seems to do the trick.

Always keep this in stock.

Posted by Reviewer1672404 on Sep 19, 2012