Quality concerns

Posted by Reviewer2173326 on Sep 06, 2010

I have been using this for the past few months and have been very pleased with the quality until the recent tub I received about 10 days or so back. Noticed some very tiny white / silver specs in the powder which don't quite look "native acai" to me. Emailed iherb offering to mail this back for a replacement. Iherb was super responsive and credited my account right away. Interestingly the email back also suggested that this not be ordered again. Not sure if there are quality concerns and so do keep an eye out.

One word, BAD!

Posted by 4969391378830278139 on Apr 14, 2015

I'm very disappointed with this product, had high hopes for it What can I say? The powder was hard to dissolve, blend taste, grainy texture It caused my eyes to itch and small pimples appeared from my face the day I took it Now I have to waste money on a useless product Don't buy it

Nice taste and texture

Posted by PavelP on May 29, 2014

I liked it's taste and texture. Not sure though about its antioxidant properties since it's been dried with high temperature and probably denatured.

Surprisingly bad batch

Posted by Reviewer1482294 on May 22, 2015

I bought 2 containers of this awhile ago, and just never could bring myself to finish even the first container! It tasted rancid from the beginning, even though I always stored it in the refrigerator due to the fat content. I am very disappointed, because I have bought it in the past, and it was fine. I really hoped I could have gotten my money back, even though I waited long enough to make sure it was really bad, and not just my imagination. It still had another WHOLE year before expiration when I called to ask to return it and get refunded, Iherb refused to help me due to the time frame allowed for returns being expired. One should be allowed much more time for returning something like this that gets rancid looong before the expiration date, even though the normal return time has expired. Food like this should be an exception! I will never buy this again.

Not crazy about the taste...

Posted by Reviewer1576635 on Dec 12, 2011

Taste-wise, it's a little "green". Doesn't taste berry-like but I haven't eaten a fresh acai berry before so maybe that's the way it is. Not crazy about the taste but it's edible. A little honey improves it. This product has very poor solubility; it's really grainy as what other reviewers have mentioned. I tried putting it through a shaker, used warm water, stirred like crazy, doesn't help. I don't have a blender on hand, so didn't try that. The final verdict is: if you are particular about taste & texture, forget about this product else hide this in yoghurt or blend it in a smoothie. I don't think it will dissolve in juice either and having sandy bits in a drink is a turnoff.

Very good product

Posted by 4749815817629246447 on Apr 28, 2015

It gives me energy and make me feel less hungry through the day and the price is excellent

Simply delicious

Posted by djsoma on May 05, 2015

I have never tasted fresh acai so I cannot compare, but on it's own this freeze-dried powder is really delicious and has a nice texture to feel. I just put it straight to my mouth and it kinda melts away with fresh taste. No complaints about this product.

Rash Alert

Posted by Reviewer2999376 on Jan 16, 2011

I developed a very itchy rash on my arms and swelling and tiny pimples over my face after my second dose of this product and have since found a forum about how this is happening to many people. I have never had an allergic reaction to anything before so I don't think you have to be suseptable to allergic reactions to need to be cautious. Please be warned to only buy a small amount to trial it.

Madre Labs, Simply Acai Organic Powder, 8 oz

Posted by 5174233161843476846 on Jan 27, 2016

This came to me smelling very rancid. I'm not sure if it's the container or what, but it's so bad that I just can't force myself to consume it and have to throw it away.

Misleading Information

Posted by Reviewer3108202 on Jan 19, 2011

BEWARE expiry date! Bought 3 containers - as price is: 'Our price: $22.95 4 for $87.21 12 for $247.86' I 'stupidly' didn't notice the expiry date. (Why were you advertising 4 - 12 if expiry is April 2011). When a customer sees multiple sale price they immediately think that buying a few more is OK. I never thought to check expiry. Bad sale process re you (and me). Not good policy! Seems a great product - have felt an uplift immediately.