Risk of Causing Gastritis

Posted by rabbit on Aug 09, 2012

Recently, I was under a great deal of stress and was having constant pain in my upper abdomen. The pain started a few months after I began taking Potassium Gluconate, which I later learned can cause gastritis. I am not sure if it was the Potassium Gluconate, stress, something else, or a combination of things that caused my pain, but I recommend using caution before taking this product. For anyone who might be suffering from gastritis or stomach pain, I stopped taking the Potassium Gluconate and started taking licorice (DGL), Doctor's Best PepZinGI, mastic gum, slippery elm, and acidophilus. This combination significantly soothed the pain I was having. I am no longer having those pains, so whatever it was must have healed. I bought the Potassium Gluconate because I get dehydrated easily from frequent urination. Instead, I recommend drinking coconut water for dehydration and for the replenishment of electrolytes.

A neglected mineral

Posted by Reviewer2834623 on Jan 16, 2011

Potassium never gets the hype that other minerals tend to get but I feel most people do not get an adequate intake. I eat a fairly high protein diet too and potassium helps offset the acidity associated with this.

Sharon

Posted by Reviewer1602741 on Apr 16, 2008

I use this product to get the potassium I am not receiving enough of in my foods. I believe it also assist in keeping me from having afib.

EXECELLENT

Posted by Reviewer2476122 on Sep 20, 2009

I have extremely bad anemia and at nights its difficult to sleep with my low blood count. When I take the Potassium Gluconate before bed it takes away my thumping headache. Add it to lemon juice at room temperature. I found that if you add it to cold water or cold drinks it sinks to the bottom and sticks. Not so good. But will purchase again.

Very Good Product

Posted by Reviewer3049143 on Jul 10, 2008

This product has helped tremendously to alleviate my husband's fatigue caused by atrial fibrillation. He swears by it.

Great for POTS/Orthostatic Intolerance/CFS

Posted by 5634280547501121213 on Oct 18, 2012

I started taking this while taking B12 shots for my CFS/POTS/orthostatic intolerance. Electrolyte imbalance can be a cause for fatigue in these conditions, and I was pleasantly surprised to get more energy from adding potassium to my supplement regime. I tried potassium citrate capsules however it did not go down so well - gas and bloating. This is very pleasant to drink when mixed with water - almost tasteless. I take 1/4 teaspoon once a day with a meal to avoid any GI discomfort. Potassium has made such an great difference to my energy levels. At the moment I take this with Now Foods Potassium Chloride to mix up my sources of potassium - 865mg in total split up over 3 doses a day. If you suffer from CFS/POTS/Orthostatic intolerance/dysautonomia try it out!! Be careful of using too much potassium, I tried to use 1200mg in total and I became so fatigued, it took a week to recover.

Potassium, a necessary mineral

Posted by Reviewer1434258 on Oct 23, 2012

Potassium helps to regulate blood pressure, along with L-Taurine and 90,000 HU cayenne pepper.

good to have.

Posted by Reviewer2218446 on Oct 30, 2008

Handy to keep around. I study abroad in the Caribbean and constant dehydration is a product. I can easily replenish electrolytes by mixing this with a little sodium bicarbonate. The taste is a little bitter but not bad.

Not for me.

Posted by Reviewer2030676 on Jun 12, 2012

The positives: Dissolves instantly into water, has little taste. Seems to give a burst of energy. The negatives: That energy made my son feel manic - so bipolar people watch out. Also, I made a homemade energy drink with a K:Na ratio of 2:1 for use during fasting and gained 10 lb of water weight in one day, so anyone with a history of edema, watch out. I hadn't had those issues in months, so this is not a coincidence. The last time this happened to me, I drank a bunch of zero calorie life waters. Stick to spinach and other high potassium foods. Edit: I returned the unopened bottles to iherb & they credited my card, no problem. I love iherb!!!

Order # 2114982

Posted by Reviewer3172866 on Jan 25, 2008

I would like it if you carried the bigger size, I understand there is a 3lb size in the powder. This supplement is for my furkid Fred, he has CRF and is low on potassium. He uses it with my vets approval. **Furkid=cat