Does not last, beware the casing is fragile

Posted by Reviewer3359280 on Jun 15, 2012

This filter certainly does not last 15-18 months, this is outright wrong. In fact I checked the other day the manufacturer's instruction for the replacement cartridge and it says replace the cartridge every 6-7 months, whereas the instruction on the filter itself said to replace it every year. Maybe it will last 15-18 months if you replace the cartridges at least twice during this time, but outs didn't even last 8 months. We marked the start of the year per the instructions planning to replace it in a year, however after nearly 8 months of use the casing broke apart, perhaps from the mineral build-up, and the broken off piece fell on my foot in the middle of taking a shower. It was very painful, and the casing is completely unusable now. I think these things really need to be made sturdier. Now I am stuck with an extra cartridge, which I bought in advance for the future. I wouldn't buy this filter again, but I think I'll have to buy it once again, because I need to use this extra cartridge. But this time I'll replace the cartridge maybe after 4-5 months of use to make sure this thing doesn't fall on somebody's feet again. I do not expect the casing to last much longer than that anyway. In terms of water quality, I did not notice much difference, especially for the lathering. I hope it does filter out chlorine. The water smells the same with and without this filter. In fact a simple KDF shower filter bought at a local hardware store seems to do a bit better, and is made of metal, so I'd much rather stay with that one.

Rainshow'r CQ-1000 Dechlorinating Shower Filter

Posted by Reviewer2389691 on Nov 15, 2011

Our water was hard, chlorinated and very drying to the skin. We have used Rainshow'r in the past and were very happy with its results so we re-ordered this item from iHerb. Now that its installed we are once again very happy with the results of this filter, it makes the hair softer and the skin is not dried out or itchy. Another bonus...it does not strip hair of its color. It was our first time ordering from iHerb. The shipping time was minimal and order was complete as requested. Overall very happy with the purchase and will order again.

Really Does Work!

Posted by Reviewer3009488 on May 06, 2009

I bought this after reading reports on how detrimental the chlorine in your daily shower water is. .irritating to the skin, causing worsening of skin conditions; irritating to the scalp, causing flakiness and dryness, etc. This really does filter out the chlorine from the water coming through your showerhead. Have noticed less redness & irritation of my skin from using it.

Awesome

Posted by Reviewer1073358 on Aug 03, 2011

Cheap, Good quality product to filer chlorine in the shower and it is very easy to install too.

great value

Posted by 101010011 on Apr 05, 2010

i had been using the aquasana shower filter for years. i was tired of paying over forty dollars for each replacement filter and i only got a couple of months of high quality water. i tried the CQ-1000 due to the great iherb price and the replacement filters hovered around the twenty dollar mark. i honestly cannot tell the difference between the two filters after 5 minutes of shower time on my skin and hair. i am sure on paper these filters have differences in terms of filtering chlorine and contaminants but i will stick the Rainshow'r as long as it doesn't take a turn for the worse

No difference

Posted by Reviewer1938320 on Jan 23, 2011

Not certain if this works at all. Hva eused daily for three weeks and no difference. I have used other filtsers like aquasana ans the results are fats/ bought this for the low pirce but in the long run , may not be worth it.

Easy shopping at IHerb.com

Posted by Reviewer2725969 on Nov 23, 2010

It is pleasant dealing with iHerb.com for my purchases. Thank you.

CQ-1000

Posted by Reviewer2259304 on Apr 10, 2010

Excellent product. Thank you iHerb.com for very good service.

Very easy to install

Posted by Reviewer2593555 on May 11, 2010

I like thi filter. Very easy to install and doesn't affect water flow.

Excellent product!

Posted by Reviewer1066057 on Jul 10, 2010

This is a great product and really works! This site has the cheapest price around too and extremely fast shipping!!!! Thanks so much!